• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The World Turned Upside Down

Congrats! How do you track that top 100? I'd love to do some research for the blog
Go into any SLP book and scroll down the page. You'll find three lines in blue, showing the 'rank' of the book you're looking at. Click on the link and it will give you the top 100. From the top 100 page you can also click onto a link to the top 100 new and future releases.

Congrats! How do you track that top 100? I'd love to do some research for the blog
I've looked at the top 100 again this morning: there are no SLP books listed but all six of the new releases are in the 'hot 100' of new and forthcoming publications.
I think it will be very hard to draw any meaningful conclusions from these listings: I've checked them frequently since May of 2016 and have been unable to read any entrails from them. In January of this year, all five of my House of Stuart books suddenly shot into the top 100 and remained there for a whole weekend but subsequent sales figures from Tom revealed no significant increase in sales for that period. I'd be very interested in any conclusions you come to.

I've looked at the top 100 again this morning: there are no SLP books listed but all six of the new releases are in the 'hot 100' of new and forthcoming publications.
I think it will be very hard to draw any meaningful conclusions from these listings: I've checked them frequently since May of 2016 and have been unable to read any entrails from them. In January of this year, all five of my House of Stuart books suddenly shot into the top 100 and remained there for a whole weekend but subsequent sales figures from Tom revealed no significant increase in sales for that period. I'd be very interested in any conclusions you come to.

Yeah, given that the Top 100 seems to include the entirety of the Sharpe collection, I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much significance to it I'm afraid

Yeah, given that the Top 100 seems to include the entirety of the Sharpe collection, I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much significance to it I'm afraid
That was something I had noticed and commented on in a separate thread last month

That was something I had noticed and commented on in a separate thread last month

It's rather annoying, as a glance at other Top 100 genre lists doesn't seem to show the same issue. I suspect it's because AH is still so niche it gets bundled in with loads of other things

What's so important about the continuing popularity and success of the House of Stuart Sequence is that it was the first SLP publication to have had no prior connection to The Other Place, and as such it was the first sign that SLP was truly becoming its own entity. Now the forum's up, many more original works have been published and Volume Six is selling well as a testament to the strength of the writing. Well done @George Kearton!

Last edited:
Most kind - thank you! It wouldn't and couldn't have happened without Tom, Jack and Ed. Please be assured that all of the SLP authors are very much aware of the debt we owe to you. "World Turned Upside Down" is volume six of the sequence: seven and eight are already with SLP and volume nine (finale) is perhaps one-third finished....

Well done everyone - all six of the latest SLP books are in the top 100 AH "new releases" on Kindle!

Currently "World Turned Upside Down" is number 70 in the Kindle AH top one hundred sellers - and number 10 in their list of "hot new releases" - WOW!

Back