• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

radacite social-revolutionary republic

Radac

Too young, too simple, sometimes naïve
Pronouns
he/him
no
this thread is basically just everything I make, usually graphics and shit
basically the worst things I thought of
can’t really introduce myself beyond this but hello, I’m rooin
I’m a young man from Bangalore, India with a particular affinity for alternate history.
this is my thread for maps and graphics and so on, also just random thoughts that come up
mostly actual alternate history but some restricted shitposting

Funny North America map part one: The Sultanate of Boríken in 1275 AH
594B3132-757F-4B49-B1AF-D270F220711D.png
When the ships of the Moroccan Saadi dynasty arrived in the Caribs in the 1540s, the first island they set sight on was known to the natives as “Boríken”. Run by the Taíno people, the isle followed a system similar to the Taifas , with parts of the isle ruled by petty rulers. However, the most respected of these rulers appeared to be the Agüeybaná, whose mother was converted to Islam.

The Agüeybaná’s mistrust of the Moroccans was evident, but his death in 1551 led to his son, who accepted Islam, to take the name of Muhammad, and adopting the title of Sultan. With Moroccan power fading, the Tainos gradually became more independent of the Saadis, especially following the death of Al-Mansur in 1603 to the plague.

The Taíno follow a syncretic brand of Sufi Islam, and have since centralised under the rule of Sultan Abdelkarim Agüeybaná X, with heavy influences from Moroccan Sharifian doctrine.

The Kongsi Federations of Yingzhou and the Taifa of al-Qizqayah
(everything in brackets here is commentary by myself on the nature of these in comparison to IRL stuff. also no map today 😔)

The discovery of a new continent to its east prompted further exploration by the Ming under the Xuande Emperor through western voyages commanded by former members of Zheng He's fleet.

The rise of the Qing created an exodus of former Ming supporters to the ports of "Yingzhou", and Ming discrimination against the Hakka people drove them towards mercantilism. In the year 4468 of the Metal-Rabbit, Hakka merchants established Kongsi, corporate conglomerates under Qing protection in western Yingzhou under the leadership of Lao Lan-Pak, supportive of a generally popular (democratic) rule with special priorities given to Chinese merchants who gather in assembly halls or zongting to elect leaders to the council from the "Five Ports of Yingzhou". (Incredibly similar to the real-life Lanfang republic.)

The island of Qizqayah was discovered in the (real life 16th century) by North African sailors sent by the Grenadines, who fought the native Taino and set up plantations to nurture the expanding slave trade, caused by shortages of labour in Granada itself. The institutions of slavery were the foundations of the island's economy.

In 1001 AH, the Sultans of al-Gharb gained control of Qizqayah. Slavery was expanded by the Gharbis, primarily imported from Western Africa's Obas of Eko - until the Oba abolished slavery in 1256 AH, and many native slaves attempted to return home. This was met with hostility from the Sultanate of al-Gharb, but the slave revolt in Qizqayah resulted in the expulsion of Arabs from the island. An abortive naval campaign by the governor of al-Qoab to the west of Qizqayah resulted in the expulsion of Arabs from the isle, and the creation of the first directory of the Taifa, governed by members of the mixed elites. The island was engulfed in civil war between "Black Moors" and "White Moors" (Africans and mixed Afro-Arabs respectively), before unification under a Yoruba by the name of Bilal, who is currently in control of the island.

Setroba - the "other" continent (a worldbuilding exercise)
The continent of Setroba in the far-west is often known as the Continent of Anguish, constantly destroyed by invasions from its reaches. It was once the site of the Empire of Sul, the Sun Kings who ruled from the city of Salatacc, in the east of the continent.

But in the 290th year of the Arosine dynasty, following the passing of Emperor Ruset Alessis, , the general Ardred fu Kamshelm of the Kamser tribe proclaimed the end of the Sulic empire following the capture of Salatacc, and following the Great Looting of Salatacc, proclaimed himself Richet (king) of the “Three Tribes” (the Kamser, the Alads, and the Heihfturr) at Shternwahl.

In the far east, the Tukuic tribes’ take-over forced the Khammehen and Taran riders to go west. While the Khammehen settled in the Eastern flanks of the Welikoj Sea, the Taran marched west under the leadership of Khotor to conquer the Eastern cities. Ardred’s forces clashed with Khotor’s before his death forced the Taran to ride back east.

Sulic prince Lusi Anasos returned to Salatacc with Ardred and the Tarans’ retreat, and proclaimed himself Sun-King Lusi III of the Lusio-Arosines. In response, Ardred’s nephew and successor, Gohorr fu Kamshelm-Heifhein, sent his son-in-law Cheomir fu Asdal, of the traditionally pro-Sulic Asdal tribe of the far South, to subjugate the new Sun-King. The Asdals mutinied, and pledged allegiance to the Sun-King, routing his forces at the river Ansi in the 27th year of the Lusio-Arosines. King Lusi, who had no sons, gave his daughter in marriage to Cheomir, and Cheomir was given the Sulic name of “Cioro Lusios”, the first King of the Asdalo-Sulic Kingdom.

Plagued by defeat, Gohorr died in the 130th year of the Kamshelm epoch, alone and miserable. His great-nephew, Flincmir, fought the Smokry War against the Smokry tribe of the Eastern Marsh-Lands, who used dragons to harness power never seen before. The destruction of Shternwahl was a severe set-back for the Kamsers, who retreated to Kamshelm while the Smokry continued their raids.

The trading-towns of Mohat, Krreos, and Doviris were held by the mercantile Hatysic peoples. With the collapse of the Sulic empire, a Hatysic merchant by the name of Egestis declared himself 'Prince' of Doviris, appointing his brother, Piros, and his nephew, Karlis, as fellow Princes of Mohat and Krreos. The Council of the Guilds was formed under Egestis' rule, and this council was responsible for individual cities' governance and the appointment of a "Chief Shaft" - the most powerful figure in all three cities, elected from one of the noble houses (the Egestines, the Pirines, and the Karlines) of the cities. Naval attacks by the Asdalo-Sulics to the east did not destroy the cities or even affect them significantly.

To the west, with the Kamsers appearing more than weak, the people of the powerful port of Calan - the northernmost port of the former Sulic empire, often known as the 'gateway to the west' declared their independence from the Kamsers under the powerful Sulic merchant Velos the Young. Velos, now the "Chancellor-Prince" of Calan, claimed himself to be the rightful heir to the Sulics, owing to his grandfather allegedly being the son of crown prince Galeio. Leading an invasion into the region of Lapindra, he appointed his uncle, Pior, as the next governor of the peninsula in the far-west. When Velos of Calan died, his uncle led a naval invasion of the city from Lapindra, aiming to conquer it from his great-nephew, Miollo. The subjugation of Lapindra was not a complete success, and led to the partition of the peninsula between the Calan-governed north and the south, which remained ruled by Pior.

In the far north, Smokry and Kamser deserters formed their own trading ports and tribes, fighting over land. Pior marched west and attempted to recapture Salatacc, but with his death, his conquests ended, and various soldiers of his became petty rulers of different cities.

Setroba in 878 PSE (Post-Sulic Epoch) is the graveyard of a continent that was once the seat of an Empire. Ravaged and torn apart by anguish and war.

(some of) NORTH AMERICA: COUNTRY PROFILES IN 2021
Republique du Téche
System of government:
Unitary semi-presidential constitutional republic
Official languages: French, Spanish, English (German and Czech are recognised minority languages)
President: Didier Marigny (United Future)
Prime Minister: Domingo Garza (Va por Tejas)

Confederation of New York
System of government:
Unitary presidential republic
Official language: English
President: Wendell Clinton (Clinton's Common Sense Association)
Vice-President: Isaac Blunt (Clinton's Common Sense Association)

Commonwealth of New England
System of government:
Federal parliamentary republic
Official languages: English, French
Prime Minister: Lincoln Chaffee (Whig)
High Commissioner: Pierre Michaud-Cormier (Tory)

Republic of the Floridas
System of government:
Unitary presidential republic
Official language: Spanish
President: Alejandrina Ocasio-Cortez (Nuevo País)
Vice-President: Enrique Whittaker (Nuevo País)

(not finished with this)​

Sorso: my second favourite continent pt. 1
The North of Sorso was formerly home to the Keot kings, who ruled for years before the Emperor of the Ash, Tumakh V, died. His son Khitath, proclaimed himself the “Enemy of Za Qal”, King of the Southern Shum kingdom. The conquest of the Shum lasted 20 years, during which period the Sulic prince Karos planned a naval invasion of the Keot capital; and when Khitath was returning from battle, he read the news that his capital had been taken. His soldiers soon mutinied, and Khithath himself begged the Sulics to march south and rescue him.

When the Sulic forces arrived at Kehutt, the city where the soldiers had encamped, they did not find Khitath, nor his body. The fall of Shum, in the meanwhile, caused a power vacuum to emerge in the region, and an enterprising tradesman of Sadaean origin named Sirib Jan proclaimed himself king in the city of Gar Zat - and declared his loyalty to Karos, the new Emperor of the Sulic Empire.

Prince Sapthino of the Sulic dynasty - a low-born Sorsin slave who was adopted by Alessi Thillithos the Golden of the Arosine dynasty became governor-general of the province of ‘Sorsa’. He soon declared himself King following the Alessic Crisis, and ruled for ten weeks before his poisoning.

What followed was a war of great proportions. To the east, the Sadaean merchant colony of Pyris invaded Sorso, and the Noble Magistrate of Pyris, Abis Khai, proclaimed himself the “Conqueror of Sorso”. The wife of Sapthino, Zawsa, ruled for her son. Zehan, Emperor of the Tavsid Empire, invaded the realm, and after Zawsa committed suicide, Zahak massacred her entire family, except for her bastard son Zinth, who he condemned to the desert. Zinth led 30 noblemen of the oasis of Fauzh, and formed the Kingdom of Fauzh, which exists today.

Zinth came into conflict with the local Amaj Chel, whose queen, Tasin ult Hillat, ordered them all to move to the oasis of Dirig. She formed the Kel Dirig Confederation, proclaiming herself the Aman, the highest-ranking ruler of the clans of Dirig.

(loved writing this, and i hope you like reading it too)

Last edited:
Bohemia is projected as a monarchical State; a Bohemian Republic is only advocated by a few Radical politicians. The dynasty could be established in one of two ways. Either the Allies could give one of their princes, or there could be a personal union between Serbia and Bohemia, if the Serbo-Bohemian corridor could be formed.
The Bohemian people, that must be emphasised once more, are thoroughly Russophile. A Russian dynasty, in whatever form, would be most popular. At any rate, the Bohemian politicians wish the establishment of the kingdom of Bohemia in full accordance with Russia. Russia's wishes and plans will be of determinating influence.

I hate monarchism but this is so funny

batman but it fucking blows
working on a cursed batman infobox based on some tiktok, here's my plan
  • batman - Chris Pratt
  • robin - Shane Harper
  • bane - Steven Seagal
  • riddler - Lin-Manuel Miranda
  • alfred - idk fucking DanTDM or some British Minecraft youtuber
  • catwoman - Trisha Paytas
  • joker - Quentin Tarantino
now should i make ra'as al ghul be a white actor or a shitty bollywood one (kamaal r khan comes to mind, as does javed jaaffrey - the latter is a good actor he's just miscast)

ZERSAL - THE LANDS SOUTH OF THE GOLD KINGDOMS
The Gold Kingdoms - Nywenze and Gwasan - are the furthest south of the lands in Zersal that have been properly explored by foreigners and Zersalis from North of the Vast Green alike.

The Vast Green is based on the Moon River, that flows from the south's banks. The town of Kidus is the furthest significant settlement within the jungle, founded by the slave traders of Kafarz on the coast.

Only one man has ventured this far south and lived - Prince Razafiys of the Spice Isles. After exploring most of Zersal, the prince intended to travel north to Nashq, but his ship was supposedly attacked by pirates from Dakshadvipa and capsized.

Prince Razafiys' entourage had largely died, save for one, Andrily. The prince and his companion were captured and sold as slaves in Kafarz, before escaping alongside three others to the east.

Razafiys' account of what he called the 'Vast Green' is as follows

"The folk near the forest were nomads, as the Sioko of Amber Isle are....they did not venture too far in, and they warned us of the forest's various dangers, but we had to go in to avoid being sold once more in Kafarz.
In the Spice Isles, there are many maladies that conquer men and cattle alike, but even I could not imagine how terrible and grave the diseases of the forest were..In the Vast Green there are mosquitos that grow to the size of a large rat and spiders with venom powerful enough that they may bring down a well-fed ox in mere seconds, not to mention the cave's numerous flies that fed on bats in the night and humans at daytime.

The wildlife of the jungle are little better - the land is inhabited by fierce, ape-like animals with teeth sharp as Tennuri blades, and clawed pigs. In the skies there are flesh-eating, giant bats, and there are strange, shrieking birds the size of dogs, and in the waters there are heavy, fierce hippopotami who live alongside gigantic reptilians with long snouts....there are also lemurs and dwarf elephants, that are more familiar to men such as myself who lived alongside them for life. Some have said that there are jet-black ghost lions in the shrubs of the jungle.

South of the Vast Green there are the Titans, mountains whose inhabitants are said to stand as tall as the hills, but I did not find such tall men..their king was still a welcoming and wise man, and he sent me home on one of his own ships across the river...I have sworn to never visit Kafarz again in my life"

This is a semi-accurate account, but there are probably some weird spirits in the jungle in addition to all the animals. There have been a lot of expeditions, both by the Gold Kingdoms and the Kafarzi to trek the area, but they all, rather predictably, failed.

South of the Titans are flats and deserts, inhabited mostly by local desert peoples. They never made much contact outside of trade with the others on the coast of Southern Zersal (which are ruled by Mashi kings), but they're said to be good archers and hunters. The desert is a light desert, and the locals have managed to practice some form of agriculture, though there are some tribes deeper into the desert that are basically hunter-gatherers. The creatures of the desert include red bears, jackals, and supposedly some prophet cats, alongside six-gazelles and wild cattle - and there are many spirits within it as well that interact with the people. It's not really that interesting and I won't write much about it.

The salt flats, however...they have some weird shit going on. And of course, Razafiys' journey was only in the eastern areas of the Vast Green so there's definitely some other stuff going on in the west that may also be weird shit.

(This is an attempt to write an African-inspired setting for fantasy. Zersal is, full disclaimer, a giant continent, so not all of Zersal is "haha big savage jungle" - at the same time I'm not African nor in the African diaspora, I'm just a student of history so I'm very sorry if I got anything wrong or ended up sounding insensitive.

And yes, I do know that the 'Darkest Africa' trope sucks. This is not meant to be me glorifying it, I've tried as hard as I can to avoid it with other places. If there's anything problematic do tell, thanks for reading as always.)

the Spice Isles, FYI, are kind of based more or less on Madagascar, along with a dash of Polynesian and Malay cultures as well as fantasy elements. Nywenze and Gwasan were modelled partially on the kingdoms of the Kongo and the Great Lakes, while Kafarz took more inspiration from the Barbary coast and, to a greater extent, Mombasa and Zanzibar - powerful trading towns and centres of the slave trade influenced by various cultures but ruled by a creole upper class.

will we see more of southern zersal? can't say for sure - i certainly am trying to avoid making it too obvious wtf is going on there since i really do want to see some speculation from readers - plus i am at the moment, focusing on Dakshadvipa and Northern/Central Zersal - where there are some other interesting things that i think you'd like.

it's also noteworthy to mention that Razafiys is probably not 100% correct - probably. whether he's correct or not and how correct he is a matter for you to decide.

Last edited:
THE BATMAN MOVIE (2022)
itcannotbe.png

The Batman is an upcoming German-American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of Batman. It is a reboot of the Batman film franchise, starring Chris Pratt as Bruce Wayne/Batman, alongside Shane Harper, Lin-Manuel Miranda, DanTDM, Steven Seagal, Trisha Paytas, Quentin Tarantino, and Kamaal R. Khan.

(I regret making this)

wow a tl where cromwell's protectorate survives pt 1
AMERICA: SPOTLIGHT ON COLUMBIA (AMERICA IN 1789)

1) The Dominion of Columbia
800px-Duke_of_Veragua_Van_Loo.jpg

Portrait of Charles III of Columbia
Charles II was invited to the colony of Virginia by Governor Berkeley after the Cromwellian takeover, and was given the support of the governors of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Rhode Island. The New England Confederation, however, remained in the hands of the Protectorate.
The death of Cromwell and his succession by Henry Lawrence effectively ended any hopes of monarchy returning to the Isles.
Stuyvesant's War ended in victory for New Netherland - causing great damage to Carolina's internal system - which was followed by the Bacon Rising of 1676 that ended with Bacon's own death.
Following Charles' death, the position of King went to his brother, James - an open Catholic with much support from colonists. James' reign saw the creation of one of the first Virginian titles of nobility for a non-Royal - to Nicholas Spencer, the Earl Spencer of Westmoreland. Sir Spencer was followed by his daughter, while John Washington was granted the title of the Earl Washington of the Potomac for his service during Bacon's rising.
King James died in 1701, and was succeeded by his son - Charles III and II - or 'Charles the Reformer', a Protestant who established Carolina and Virginia's home rule, and united the two provinces into Columbia. The Prince Charles married Archduchess Maria Josepha of Austria (one of Columbia's chief allies), after much hesitation from the Austrians' side, and died in 1748.
The War of Spanish Succession - fought from 1701 by the alliance of the Commonwealth, the Netherlands, Prussia, and France against the Austrians saw some action in the colonies. The Dutch invaded the land south of the River Delaware and so on. The War ended in Austrian defeat, and the coronation of Prince Philip as King of Spain, or Charles III. Following Columbia's defeat, many political leaders asked whether the Kingdom was on its last legs. This, and the death of his eldest son, James (the Prince of the Chesapeake) significantly damaged Prince Charles' own personal life, and he spent more time away from court.
Prince Charles was succeeded by his younger son, Henry I, who was heir apparent following his elder brother James' death. Henry came into power at a time when his Columbia fought against the French, Spaniards, and British for control over the Caribbean, and a time where geopolitics in North America had begun to greatly shift. The 1760s saw Columbia's hundredth anniversary, and the formation of the first Columbian Parliament - following the abolition of the Houses of Burgesses and the Governor's Council. Peyton Randolph, the Duke Randolph of Williamsburg of the Tory party, was elected the first Chief Minister of Columbia.
In the 1770s, Randolph's reforms were continued by Thomas Pinckney, the Baron Pinckney of Charlestown, the current Columbian Prime Minister (as of 1789). King Henry himself died in 1775, and was succeeded by his son, Charles.

Last edited:
THE CURIOUS CASE OF LOUISIANA'S ASIAN POPULATION
Following the abolition of slavery in 1883 by the Louisiana government, Creole planters grew increasingly desperate to find an alternative - and they found in an unlikely place.

'Coolies', or indentured servants, were first used in British colonies in the Caribbean following the abolition of slavery in the British colonies. These coolies were primarily of Indian and Chinese origin, and had been brought with the intention of replacing African slaves. The experiment, carried out by only a few planters (the majority had settled on sharecropping as a viable alternative), proved to be semi-successful. Thousands of Cantonese and South Asian labourers were brought to Louisiana via Central America, and were made to work the plantations. Moreover, as anti-Chinese sentiment grew popular in the neighbouring nation of Oregon, many Chinese workers moved westwards and made their homes on the banks of the Mississippi and the Missouri.

The 'coolie' experiment eventually was abandoned by most planters - Chinese and Indian labourers, like the slaves before them, resented their treatment, and with the fall of the planters' power, they moved towards the cities. In New Orleans, Chinese immigrants built a small 'Chinese quarter' on Tulane Street, although Indians remained in the rural areas. Asian plantation labourers continued to work the plantations, of course, but sharecropping was still a more popular alternative. These neighbourhoods were not safe from racist attacks by resentful whites, who lamented the arrival of the much-maligned foreigners, even more so than the rising Italian population (who were repeatedly attacked as well) - which led the Parlange government to formalise the "Asian Emigrants Bill" - essentially giving the Chinese second-class citizenship and barring them from certain jobs. The 1915 New Orleans hurricane almost destroyed the Chinese quarter in the fourtheenth ward (and it had a severe effect on the "Hindous" as well, although let it be known that not all Indians in Louisiana were Hindu.) The quarter's rebuilding was the work of the On Leong Chinese Merchants' Association based in New York. Though the group was itself based in another country, Chinese merchants did manage to secure their support, as well as that of the Chinese Emperor, who was greatly interested in the welfare of the Chinese people outside of China. The area was rebuilt with pagodas, street lamps, and other cliches of Chinese architecture by Louisianan architects and African-American contract labourers.

The Hindou community, meanwhile, continued to develop independently - with considerable tensions arising between Hindus and Muslims. Sikhs also began to work the fields in the northern parts of the river, though once again, they were more or less a unicorn. Moreover, the large hippo farms that were built on the Bayou employed only some Indian labourers - Muslims and members of the lower castes, many of whom had converted to Catholicism worked the farms, but upper-caste Hindus refused to work as butchers. When the farms eventually fell into stagnation, Indian workers went out of work, and moved towards the urban centres, away from the Bayou. The Indians in the Alleghenies, meanwhile, gradually vanished. Today, the "Ozark Hindous" are a burning memory, but some remnants of the culture can be seen.

In the 1930s, the Long and Leche administrations began to target Asian labourers. Many Chinese were targetted by the 'Blue Berets', and this led the Chinese quarter being largely neglected. These policies continued in the 1950s under the Ellender regime. Asian labourers generally supported the "Broad Front" of Henry Hermes, a socialist group made up mostly of German, Italian, and Hispanic workers, and this too was clamped down on.

Paul Long's regime in the 1970s continued these policies, and the ensuing military dictatorship further mobilised against the Chinese, who were thought of as socialist sympathisers. It was only following the end of the dictatorship in the 1980s that true progress was accomplished by these communities, and President Edouard Bordelon counted them amongst his most staunch supporters. Today, the Asian community still has much to be accomplished in order to achieve true equality, but things are much better than they were in the 1970s.

(made this after i read about the chinese communities of louisiana irl. i thought it'd be interesting to incorporate them within my america setup i had so long ago, and i enjoyed writing this - i hope you enjoy reading it! let me know any feedback or other stuff)

Back