• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

STV America Revived: A Collaborative American Redistricting Project

I also did New Hampshire before I thought you couldnt but I'm not sure if you're allowed to submit more than one
No, absolutely go for it. People can be free to claim states. I would ask that people not claim more than one at a time, but do feel free to claim New Hampshire.

Ohio -- @rpryor03
map-image (1).png

All Seats elect 4 representatives. (Current Senators and Reps in seat listed in parentheses)
Blue: Toledo-Northwest Ohio (Latta, Kaptur)
Green: Cleveland-Akron (VACANT 11, Joyce, Gonzalez, Brown)
Purple: Appalachian Ohio (Johnson, Gibbs, Balderson, Ryan)
Red: Columbus-Springfield-Lancaster (Beatty, Jordan, Stivers)
Yellow: Cincinnati-Dayton (Chabot, Wenstrup, Davidson, Turner, Portman)

Claiming California.

Actually, come to think of it... I want to claim Texas instead, and work on the assumption that obviously, what with Texas Republicans being Texas Republicans, seeing they cannot Gerrymander anymore, now that Texas has STV, they will of course try to Tullymander the shit out of the districts to ensure a steady flow of conservative Republicans to Washington.

Actually, come to think of it... I want to claim Texas instead, and work on the assumption that obviously, what with Texas Republicans being Texas Republicans, seeing they cannot Gerrymander anymore, now that Texas has STV, they will of course try to Tullymander the shit out of the districts to ensure a steady flow of conservative Republicans to Washington.
Texas done already.

Texas done already.

There is already a Texas, of course, but claiming to make an alternative proposal was an option in my first post. The fun thing about redistricting is that there can be more than one option -- and it is entirely welcome if users offer different interpretations of the same state, whether because they have an alternative take on the best way to divide up a state for minimizing or maximizing the size of districts, or because they want to offer the Republican Gerrymander or the Democratic Gerrymander or a more neutral alternative than the state up.

"Claiming" is probably a bad word for this thread because of the alternatives option, but my real intent was just so that if people felt wanted to do something new, they wouldn't be blindsided by someone coming in and taking away their thunder, but if someone wants to "claim" a done or pre-claimed state, I don't think that's really a problem with the alternatives setup.

There is already a Texas, of course, but claiming to make an alternative proposal was an option in my first post. The fun thing about redistricting is that there can be more than one option -- and it is entirely welcome if users offer different interpretations of the same state, whether because they have an alternative take on the best way to divide up a state for minimizing or maximizing the size of districts, or because they want to offer the Republican Gerrymander or the Democratic Gerrymander or a more neutral alternative than the state up.

"Claiming" is probably a bad word for this thread because of the alternatives option, but my real intent was just so that if people felt wanted to do something new, they wouldn't be blindsided by someone coming in and taking away their thunder, but if someone wants to "claim" a done or pre-claimed state, I don't think that's really a problem with the alternatives setup.

Awesome! Then I’ll do Texas!

map-image (2).png

All seats elect 5 Representatives.
Blue: Western Virginia (Evington, Cline, Griffith)
Green: Richmond-Atlantic Coast (Wittman, Luria, Scott, McEachin, Spanberger, Kaine)
Purple: NoVA (Beyer, Wexton, Connolly, Warner)

Back