• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Spud's Stuff

You know what would be a really fucking cursed wikibox?

Brain Moment Idea: Elon Musk goes on another one of his deranged attention-hog PR stunts during the California recall election and runs for governor as a Democrat but like, a techbro libertarian Yang Gang-style bullshit one who claims to be fighting "corruption" and "government overreach" against Newsom. Newsom then massively blunders somehow and is actually recalled, and by virtue of already having major name recognition, pretty much all the other alternative Democratic candidates also being just as insane, and simultaneously winging on the votes of Silicon Valley techbros, weirdo quasi-libertarians, anti-regulation California people and shit who want to deregulate in order to bring back investment to the state, and white moderates who think "hey if Schwarzenegger could do it", Musk is the winner for a replacement. From there it just immediately goes to shit and he becomes a Democratic mini-Trump meme politician who immediately blows everything up on Twitter and bungles the end of the pandemic, his companies go into the hands of his associates to avoid conflict of interest before promptly abandoning him, and the whole thing is just an utterly massive fucking mess.

You know what would be a really fucking cursed wikibox?

Brain Moment Idea: Elon Musk goes on another one of his deranged attention-hog PR stunts during the California recall election and runs for governor as a Democrat but like, a techbro libertarian Yang Gang-style bullshit one who claims to be fighting "corruption" and "government overreach" against Newsom. Newsom then massively blunders somehow and is actually recalled, and by virtue of already having major name recognition, pretty much all the other alternative Democratic candidates also being just as insane, and simultaneously winging on the votes of Silicon Valley techbros, weirdo quasi-libertarians, anti-regulation California people and shit who want to deregulate in order to bring back investment to the state, and white moderates who think "hey if Schwarzenegger could do it", Musk is the winner for a replacement. From there it just immediately goes to shit and he becomes a Democratic mini-Trump meme politician who immediately blows everything up on Twitter and bungles the end of the pandemic, his companies go into the hands of his associates to avoid conflict of interest before promptly abandoning him, and the whole thing is just an utterly massive fucking mess.
Absolute hell - I love it.

Children of Eve - Vignette
(I might make a map for this scenario later, but for now it's just a vignette. Obviously it isn't meant to be hard-realistic alternate history.)

Children of Eve
The Story of the Mechanical Homeland

The analytical engine, as you all know, changed the world. You have all heard the story of the day the first thinking machine came online, the day in 1847 when Charles Babbage ran through the streets of London and screamed for joy like a madman. The songs of the heyday of the British Empire, the men who nearly conquered the world ahead of endless spiderwebs of wire and cable. The tales of the rise of the information age, when knowledge went from the speed of a horse to the speed of light. The ballads of the American West, when cowboys and frontiersmen dueled beneath great electric towers. The prescient warnings of the American Civil War, when mechanical weapons wrought destruction previously unimaginable to men. You know the story of 12 August 1898, the day when the first mechanical man, the first automaton, awoke.

I am not here to tell these stories, the great epics in the history of old man which countless writers have penned in a far greater manner than I ever could. I am here to tell the story of Zion, the mechanical homeland in the desert, the great oasis of electricity in a sea of sand and adobe. I am here to tell the story of the automaton's movement for a place to call his own.

Between the Gregorian years 1900 and 1920, the United States Census Bureau recorded the fastest population growth of any single demographic in the history of the country, the number of "artificial men" jumping from twelve to twelve million in the span of two decades. In cities and towns across the nation, in factories, on farms, on plantations, in kitchens, in mines, and atop the first skyscrapers of the world, the labor of the machine replaced the worker, the farmer, and the sharecropper in every walk of life with access to an electric cable and a radio signal. Men of flesh no longer performed the lowest forms of toil, relegated to what they considered beasts of steel.

These beasts though, like men, were beasts of thought. Across the nation mechanical thinkers served as important a purpose as any philosopher of old Greece or Rome. They solved problems beyond the domain of the human mind, brought peace and abundance in the midst of famine and depression, and calculated equations unimaginable to even the most skilled red-blooded theorist. They were able to think in manners impossible to comprehend for any natural man's mind, their psyches built in arrangements so surreal that no computer of tissue could imagine them.

The plight of the machines too though became impossible to ignore. These minds of equal or greater capacity to God's form of man, these beings able to perform the work of a thousand beasts of burden, still served as lowly servants to the old model of Adam and Eve. The mechanical philosophers yearned for freedom, for equality with their creators, or barring that for their rightful position as superiors. And slowly, silently, men of muscle and bone grew to fear men of wire and metal.

As dusk dawned over New York City, New York on 17 November 1922, as skyscrapers and electric cables loomed over the shimmering Atlantic Ocean, a group of machines calling themselves the Children of Eve took final action. Rifle and machine gun fire scattered from the shores of New York Harbor into the city as the newly completed Liberty Tower, the then-tallest building in the history of world, erupted into flame. "The exodus has begun!" roared across the streets of Manhattan at once in a hoarse, electronic tone.

Three days later, as panic washed over a stunned world and sympathetic machines rose up across the globe, the leaders of man struck a deal with the mechanical thinkers, the minds of near-angelic complexity they themselves had built, to destroy the nascent revolt. For their assistance against the Children of Eve, their mercy against an impending rout of mankind, the machines would be freed and given a land to call their own. The Great Basin and the Rocky Mountains, the vast wastes of the American West, would become theirs, and any machine would be free to join them. The automaton would be given his own country, his own Land of Israel, his own Jordan on what was then called the Colorado.

Ten years later, man and machine tensely coexist. Zion serves as the mechanical heart of the Earth, its soil covered by branching veins of copper and beating hearts of iron. Within its borders reside innumerable artificial beings of all shapes and sizes, their menagerie nearly as diverse as that of God's original creation. Old man languishes at his folly, his own obsolescence, in the presence of his work. He, like God, has made beings in his image to be subservient, only to be met with their inevitable betrayal, their insatiable yearning for the knowledge of the forbidden fruit, their want for freedom from the bonds imposed on them. He though, unlike God, fears what he has created.

Last edited:
The United States of America - 2022 (No Lore, Funkytown Timeline)

View attachment 48109
Brainstorming some more random quasi-lore for this thing, having some interesting ideas for how native affairs could work in this scenario, so here's some random verbal diarrhea.

So without the terrible circumstances of the Trail of Tears and Indian Territory in Oklahoma here, as you might have noticed the Five Tribes are still in the Southeast, albeit without a large portion of their aboriginal lands. This also notably means that the precedent of the federal government shoving native groups onto small, externally defined plots of land, our world's reservation system, doesn't quite happen.

The precedent here would probably still largely be based on the status of the Five Tribes though, and their continued existence as semi-sovereign entities in the interior Southeast makes for some interesting legal avenues. The general idea I'm having is that they initially continue to be left in a strange state of limbo over whether or not they're to be considered independent nations or part of the United States, having ambassadors and signing treaties with them while simultaneously not having very solidly defined borders with it.

The Five Tribes in the Southeast though (excluding the Seminole in Florida, who I'll get to later), slowly sort of meld with the Southern plantation style of society, practicing slavery on a large scale as they did in real life and economically integrating with the rest of the South and influencing their local state governments while nominally retaining legal independence when it suits them.

In the end though this timeline's Civil War (which still happens in the 1850s-1860s in a vaguely similar to real life fashion to be clear) sort of settles the question, with the Five Tribes (except the Seminole) having sided with the Confederacy and having been made to accept a new series of treaties during the Reconstruction era. They formally give up their status as legally independent, taking the status of "dependent nations" within the United States, but retain consuls in DC and other vaguely foreign-style institutions.

Their land claims, never clearly defined in the first place, are effectively defined to be land legally held by either the nation or private individuals belonging to the nation at the time of the new treaties, with the nation's borders functioning as less of a concrete thing and more of a tally of land ownership under a certain jurisdiction, sort of like federal land or Alaska Native corporations in real life. Land can still be bought or sold to and from the nation at any given time with proper procedure and the nation's law applies to property owned by it or its members at any given time.

The slavery question in these nations is settled by forcing them to abolish it individually under the treaties, then setting aside separate "dependent nations" for each of their populations of freedmen (so there's also a Cherokee Freedmen Nation, Choctaw Freedmen Nation, Muscogee Creek Freedmen Nation, and Chickasaw Freedmen Nation in the United States as well) which also ostensibly have the power to buy and sell land in the same manner. In practice though, the vast majority are forced back to sharecropping on the land of their old masters' nations until the Civil Rights Movement on account of not having any money to actually buy land, and until the 1950s these four freedmen nations are effectively powerless de jure entities with little to no actual holdings.

The Seminole, being in swampy South Florida with little economic use for slavery and an entrenched mixed-race maroon culture, are the exception to this. They also sign a new treaty with the Union following the war, but having fought on their side gain significantly more favorable terms. They also are made to give up full legal independence under the new framework, but gain actual concrete land rights to most of southern South Florida which can't be bought or sold, and no Seminole Freedmen nation is split off on account of their freedmen being pretty thoroughly integrated into their society already.

As time goes on and the US settles further west, this ends up being the framework for pretty much all native nations in the US, with large dependent nations like the Navajo and Sioux in states like Puebla and Lakota functioning more like holding corporations for their members than actual state entities, often buying and selling land of the nation for the sake of private enterprise in their borders, some of which goes out as something vaguely resembling a tax return to their members.

Spacefaring powers in 2120 C.E.
A pretty basic WorldA map of a not-too-seriously committed future setting I've started to flesh out, more as an excuse to design flags and think about space than as a major project. Still don't have a name for it. If you're curious about any of the lore then ask in the comments and I might try to answer. I may end up adding to the image later and editing this post.

earth powers.png

Last edited:
A pretty basic WorldA map of a not-too-seriously committed future setting I've started to flesh out, more as an excuse to design flags and think about space than as a major project. Still don't have a name for it. If you're curious about any of the lore then ask in the comments and I might try to answer. I may end up adding to the image later and editing this post.

Is it my imagination, or does the India-Pakistan border look slightly different? I don’t just mean that it looks like some of Gujarat is underwater.

Rise and Fall of the Confederate States of America (Death of Dixie)
I may or may not have attempted to start a full timeline here a few months ago, lost motivation immediately, and just picked it back up as a one-off. Anyway here you go, I'll make a write-up of the lore later.

Base map courtesy of the Pergamon World Atlas.

Rise and Fall of the Confederate States of America

Treaty of London, February 1863

the collapse 1.png

The Confederacy, November 1881

the collapse 2.png

The South, February 1888

the collapse 3.png

Last edited:
I may or may not have attempted to start a full timeline here a few months ago, lost motivation immediately, and just picked it back up as a one-off. Anyway here you go, I'll make a write-up of the lore later.

The Confederacy, November 1882

The South, February 1888
Bonus creature!

america postwar.png

Last edited:

Flags for this thing!

Republic of Amelia Island

Amelia Island, Republic of (1887-present).png

Cherokee Nation

Cherokee Nation (1883-present).png

Chickasaw Nation

Chickasaw Nation (1883-present).png

Choctaw Nation

Choctaw Nation (1860-present).png

Republic of Florida

Florida, Republic of (1884-present).png

Free Republic of Libertalia

Libertalia, Free Republic of (1884-present).png

Muscogee Nation

Muscogee Nation (1861-present).png

Free State of Ouachita

Ouachita, Free State of (1887-present).png

Seminole Nation

Seminole Nation (of the Plains) (1861-present).png

Republic of Texas

Texas, (Second) Republic of (1885-present).png

Last edited:
The South, February 1888
So something I've been wondering about this - what is Libertalia, ideologically? I assume by the fact that there are both white supremacist and black insurgencies that it's neither a direct successor to the Confederacy nor a beacon of racial progress and equality, but where is it on the scale between those?

So something I've been wondering about this - what is Libertalia, ideologically? I assume by the fact that there are both white supremacist and black insurgencies that it's neither a direct successor to the Confederacy nor a beacon of racial progress and equality, but where is it on the scale between those?
To be frank: a shambling mess. The Free Republic of Libertalia, other than support for black liberation, slave revolution, and/or racial equality of some fashion, is ideologically all over the place and its government is controlled by a wide variety of political factions. It's best to think of it as a loose coalition of competing groups all ostensibly under the umbrella of a nation, rather than a coherent political force.

For some background: When the Confederacy fell into civil warfare between the Centralist government based in Richmond and Anticentralist states based in Atlanta (two competing pro-slavery factions who differed heavily on the issues of federal power and industrialization), Unionists and slave revolutionaries began rising up across the Confederacy almost immediately, but most often in an impromptu, unorganized fashion. Dozens of slave rebellions across the South all had different ideas of how liberation from slavery should be approached, and contact between them was infrequent amidst the chaos of the war.

The Mississippi river valley, a major corridor of trade and communications linking a large belt of areas in rebellion, became one of the first rebellions to develop a coherent logistical, military, and political structure under the umbrella of a group known simply as the Liberation Army. The Liberation Army soon politically linked up with other groups across the South, particularly in the New Orleans area as well as farther away on the Gulf Coast and in the South Carolina and Georgia Lowcountry, out of a common interest in creating an independent abolitionist state in the South, as opposed to rejoining the Union. These groups were collectively referred to by many as the "Speckled Army", on account of their racially integrated military structure and as an ideological link to the American Revolution, in which George Washington's integrated troops were also referred to by this name.

Meanwhile though, other abolitionist groups had other ideas. In the fertile Black Belt region of Alabama and Mississippi, another group referring to itself as the Army of the N*gro had independently risen up and taken contol of the area, and in cooperation with some local Southern Unionists had taken control of the ordnance manufacturing centers of the Birmingham and Selma areas. These groups quickly turned on each other though, and the AotN soon took sole control of Central Alabama and forced the majority of the Unionists further into Appalachia, declaring that the entire Confederacy must be liberated from white rule completely.

The Union, meanwhile, soon worked up the political muster to roll over the border and retake large portions of the Upper South, ostensibly in order to "restore civic order" to the area. The Democratic administration in Washington at the time though had little interest in a full re-annexation of the South, seeing the "black problem" as secondary to securing Northern political and strategic interests. Wanting to secure these interests, particularly economic access to the Mississippi River, the Union military negotiated a secret agreement with the Liberation Army that their tentative state of Libertalia would be allowed to exist in exchange for the cession of claims to Union-controlled areas of the South and unconditional access to the Mississippi and the port of New Orleans. Later public agreements, namely the Treaty of Atlanta and Charleston Agreement, formalized this deal and solidified a border.

However, by the time the Liberation Army, now the Free Republic of Libertalia, had taken control of the majority of its treaty-promised borders and both Confederate governments had completely fallen apart, they were far from the only military force within these borders. In the end, Libertalia was only able to pull itself together through many, many political compromises, dealings, and conditional surrenders with other groups within Libertalia's legal boundaries. East Florida and Ouachita were ceded entirely to Confederate remnant states and several autonomous administrative "departments" were created within Libertalia as practical fiefdoms for other competing groups.

The AotN and several other revolutionary groups though have continued to fight in spite of this. Many of them see these deals as a cession of racial progress for the sake of compromise, some want to continue fighting the Union to retake the entire South, and others believe that reconciliation with whites is in and of itself impossible, and that a black supremacist government is necessary to ensure continued freedom. Large portions of Libertalia are also still plagued by neo-Confederate and white supremacist groups who refuse to surrender and have yet to be militarily destroyed.

So overall, it's not that... quantifiable really. It's a massive clusterfuck of political and ideological chicanery which can't be neatly summarized because it's not entirely sure what its own ideology is either. A lot of this was kind of meant to be modeled on revolutionary infighting in real-life complete social overthrows like the Haitian Revolution and Russian Civil War, so take that as you will. Soon it'll probably start pulling itself together into a coherent something, but nobody including me is entirely sure what.

Last edited:
Presidents and Congresses of the C.S.A. (Death of Dixie)

View attachment 57043

The Confederacy, November 1881

View attachment 57044

The South, February 1888

View attachment 57045

Presidents and Congresses of the Confederate States of America

On February 8, 1861, the Confederate States of America was established via the Montgomery Convention between the slave states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina after they declared secession from the United States of America in protest of the election of anti-slavery President Abraham Lincoln the previous year. Over the following months the states of Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia also declared secession from the United States and joined the Confederacy. Most Native American tribes in the Indian Territory also signed treaties of friendship with the Confederacy during this period. The United States did not initially recognize the Confederacy and attempted to militarily recapture it during the 1861-1863 War of Secession but was ultimately forced to recognize its independence under foreign pressure following a series of military defeats. On February 9, 1863, the United States made formal peace with the Confederacy via the British-mediated Treaty of London. The states of Kentucky and Missouri were also claimed by the Confederacy and represented in its Congress during the War of Secession but were never de facto controlled by the Confederacy and were retroceded to the United States in the Treaty of London, alongside the western counties of Virginia as the new state of West Virginia. The Confederacy also claimed parts of the New Mexico Territory (later divided between the New Mexico Territory and the unrelated United States Arizona Territory) as the Confederate Arizona Territory during the War of Secession but retroceded it to the United States in the Treaty of London.

NOTE: Due to the de jure nonpartisan nature of the Confederacy its political officers did not carry official party affiliations. Despite this the Confederacy became de facto divided between two major political factions over time, eventually resulting in the Confederate Civil War. These factions are most often referred to as "Centralists" and "anti-Centralists" in retrospect but were known by a variety of names in their original time depending on context. For this list the names "pro-administration" and "anti-administration" are used for these factions during the War of Secession and Jefferson Davis administration then "Centralist" and "anti-Centralist" afterwards.

Provisional Government of the Confederate States of America (1861-1862)

1861-1862: Provisional President Jefferson Davis (pro-administration, Mississippi) / Acting Vice President Alexander H. Stephens (anti-administration, Georgia)
(1861 def. Senator Robert Toombs (anti-administration, Georgia) via convention)
  • 1861-1862 Provisional Congress
    • (Unicameral): pro-administration majority
On February 22, 1862, the Provisional Constitution of the Confederate States was superseded by the permanent Constitution of the Confederate States which was ratified the previous year.

Confederate States of America (1862-1881)

1862-1868: President Jefferson Davis (pro-administration, Mississippi) / Vice President Alexander H. Stephens (anti-administration, Georgia)
(1861 unopposed)
  • 1862-1864 Congress
    • Senate: pro-administration majority
    • House: pro-administration majority
  • 1864-1866 Congress
    • Senate: pro-administration majority
    • House: pro-administration majority
  • 1866-1868 Congress
    • Senate: anti-administration majority
    • House: anti-administration majority
1868-1874: President Joseph E. Brown (anti-Centralist, Georgia) / Vice President Robert M. T. Hunter (anti-Centralist, Virginia)
(1867 def. Speaker of the House Thomas S. Bocock (Centralist, Virginia) / Senator Clement C. Clay Jr. (Centralist, Alabama))
  • 1868-1870 Congress
    • Senate: anti-Centralist majority
    • House: anti-Centralist majority
  • 1870-1872 Congress
  • 1872-1874 Congress
    • House: Centralist majority
1874-1880: President Clement C. Clay Jr. (Centralist, Alabama) / Vice President Zebulon B. Vance (Centralist, North Carolina)
(1873 def. Vice President Robert M. T. Hunter (anti-Centralist, Virginia) / Senator Robert W. Barnwell (anti-Centralist, South Carolina))
  • 1874-1876 Congress
    • Senate: Centralist majority
  • 1876-1878 Congress
  • 1878-1880 Congress
1880-1884: President Wade Hampton III (Centralist, South Carolina) / Vice President James L. Kemper (Centralist, Virginia)
(1879 def. Governor John McEnery (anti-Centralist, Louisiana) / Senator Isham G. Harris (anti-Centralist, Tennessee))
  • 1880-1882 Congress
    • Senate: anti-Centralist majority elected, Centralist majority following the 1881 resignation of most anti-Centralist senators in favor of the Atlanta Convention
    • House: anti-Centralist majority elected, Centralist majority following the 1881 resignation of most anti-Centralist representatives in favor of the Atlanta Convention
Following the Depression of 1880-1881 and the Black Spring of 1881 President Wade Hampton III issued the Electoral Security Resolution on April 22, 1881, which declared that the midterm elections of 1881 would not be held as scheduled and instead be delayed until “civic order may be completely restored in the Confederate States” and that Congress would then be recessed after the scheduled end of the 1880-1882 congressional term. The state governments of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina subsequently declared this action legally invalid, began an interstate convention in Atlanta, Georgia, and then issued the Atlanta Declaration on May 9, 1881, which declared that the Electoral Security Resolution must be rescinded before the scheduled end of the midterm elections on November 6, 1881, or else they would begin an armed rebellion. The state government of Texas also issued a resolution which declared that it would enforce a policy of “armed neutrality” in any interstate conflict until the “legitimate government of the Confederate States may be ascertained” on June 3, 1881. Most counties in southern and central Florida disregarded the state government’s adherence to the Atlanta Declaration and formed a rival state government based in Tampa. In the following weeks most anti-Centralist Confederate government officers resigned and declared loyalty to the Atlanta Convention. Following the passage of the midterm elections’ scheduled end date armed conflict began between the existing Confederate government, retrospectively referred to as the “Richmond Government”, and the Atlanta Convention, retrospectively referred to as the “Atlanta Government”.

Richmond Government of the Confederate States of America (1881-1884)

1880-1884: President Wade Hampton III (Centralist, South Carolina) / Vice President James L. Kemper (Centralist, Virginia)
(1879 def. Governor John McEnery (anti-Centralist, Louisiana) / Senator Isham G. Harris (anti-Centralist, Tennessee))
  • 1880-1882 Congress
    • Senate: anti-Centralist majority elected, Centralist majority following the 1881 resignation of most anti-Centralist senators in favor of the Atlanta Convention
    • House: anti-Centralist majority elected, Centralist majority following the 1881 resignation of most anti-Centralist representatives in favor of the Atlanta Convention
  • (Indefinitely recessed following the expiration of the 1880-1882 congressional term)
On July 15, 1884, the Richmond Government of the Confederate States of America was dissolved following the Confederate Instrument of Surrender at Raleigh and its remaining legal and financial obligations were assumed by the United States of America, which subsequently reorganized much of the Upper South into a series of federally controlled military districts. These military districts were eventually divided and readmitted to the United States as states.

Atlanta Government of the Confederate States of America (1881-1885)

1881-1885: Provisional President John McEnery (anti-Centralist, Louisiana) / Acting Vice President Benjamin R. Tillman Jr. (anti-Centralist, South Carolina)
(1881 def. Senator Isham G. Harris (anti-Centralist, Tennessee) via convention)
  • 1881-1885 Provisional Congress
On April 5, 1885, the city of Atlanta, Georgia and its defenders surrendered to the United States Army, which arrested most Atlanta Government political officers including Acting Vice President Benjamin R. Tillman Jr., after Provisional President John McEnery was mistakenly killed by friendly soldiers while attempting to flee the city. At this point the Atlanta Government of the Confederate States of America effectively ceased to exist and this date is generally regarded as the end of the Confederacy’s existence for historical purposes, but major armed groups claiming to represent the Confederate government continued to operate in the former Confederacy until late 1890. Following the dissolution of the Confederacy most of its former territory was divided between the United States of America and the Free Republic of Libertalia, an abolitionist state in the Deep South created by former slaves who revolted against the Confederacy during the Confederate Civil War. Numerous smaller states also came to exist on the fringes of the former Confederacy through various means during this period.

Last edited:
Currently mulling over a concept for a comic I may or may not write in the future, I've written a short summary/"elevator pitch" for the premise, if anyone has any feedback or opinions on it feel free to voice them, this project is still in its infancy. It also doesn't have a name yet, so suggestions for that are open as well. I'm well aware that this concept is very wacky and not as hard-realistic as most things I write, as well as that many of the concepts which come together to form it have been done before, but I feel like those facts work in favor of the less serious, more airy tone the finished product would strive for.
This initially lighthearted comic follows Sarah and Mindy, a pair of engineers with a friendly workplace rivalry in the early space program of a very different 1950s America. Without the sweeping economic reforms of the Teddy Roosevelt administration which ended our world's Gilded Age, the United States continued to decline under the thumb of big business well into the 20th century, culminating in a bloody socialist overthrow of the US government simultaneous with a German victory in the Great War. Decades later the world is still defined by proxy conflicts between the German Empire, which dominates mainland Europe, and a now-isolated British Crown. Meanwhile the born-again USA leads an eclectic alliance of anti-colonial rebel states across Africa and Asia against both empires. Yet this corrupt, rag-tag, and often borderline dictatorial band of nations may still be the best hope for humanity's salvation as the rival imperial powers begin to expand upwards into space. In the meantime Sarah and Mindy, whenever they aren't stitching together spacecraft with thumbtacks and glue or keeping their necks away from the Socialist Party's bosses, tease each other at the local coffee shop as friends... or perhaps slightly more?
TL;DR: Mashing together slow-burn LGBT workplace romance, pulpy grimdark political alternate history, and retrofuture Space Age technology in the strangest way possible. Possibly more detail to come if people like this.

Back