• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Separate Test Thread Forum?

lerk

I think the writing forum is too cluttered with test threads. If it was people writing various one-off stories (emphasis on that part) I can understand, but a lot of times a lot of the posts on these threads are just wikiboxes, lists, maps, and others which don't really have any story attached to it. A lot of times the threads are used for general conversation and verges on becoming a social thread. I think that, in this case these threads deserve to have a separate forum. There's a reason, on the other site, why there is a separate place for writing TLs and a separate place for test threads, and I believe that a similar arrangement should happen here.

Seems like it's not a problem to me. The Writing forum is less of a showcase and more a place where the work of writing gets done. And to me at least that's a better thing to promote. There's also a separate section to show more polished works off in First Drafts.

Back