• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Searching for SLP online

Alizarine

Omelas delenda est
I don't know why, but whenever I search "Sea Lion Press" online then the result for forum.sealionpress.co.uk has the post about Hendryk being a "fucking psychopath" as the byline.

Meanwhile, for the blog it says, uh, "On the Sea Lion Press Forums, we run a monthly Vignette Challenge. Contributors are invited to write vignettes on a specific theme (changed monthly). The thirteenth theme was, perhaps inevitably, Luck When the White Horse Rides Again Light, glinting and flashing chaotically off angled metal. " Which is the start of an Alex Richards post on the blog. Weird, but not that weird.

Is there a reason for this? Is it something you can change as mods? Because I wondered if someone had managed to change it somehow when everyone got made mods earlier today.

The problem appears to be someone using the profile post system to passive-aggressively post about other people, not any technical problem with the forum.

Google is always pretty odd about how it indexes forums, but it loves dynamic content, like profile posts.

Yes, Googling this doesn't return the same result for me and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it in any case.

People were only mods of the Pub forum, there was no admin control given over to anyone (not that this would be relevant to this anyway).

The problem appears to be someone using the profile post system to passive-aggressively post about other people, not any technical problem with the forum.

Google is always pretty odd about how it indexes forums, but it loves dynamic content, like profile posts.

Ok, that makes sense.

Yes, Googling this doesn't return the same result for me and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it in any case.

People were only mods of the Pub forum, there was no admin control given over to anyone (not that this would be relevant to this anyway).

I used Duckduckgo instead of Google, which would explain things. Thanks for the clarification!

If it is the status/profile post thing, we can probably fix that fairly easily.

Back