• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review: For All Mankind: Season Two

Interesting stuff, watched the intro a bit earlier and the bit in question did make me chuckle. It’s nice that they also make a world that isn’t great but isn’t terrible, ‘Ah cool, space’ mixed in with ‘Hey everyone, Early Reagan’

Though it does make ponder what America is like if it had Nixon, Ford and Reagan back to back (or did a Democrat sneak in?).

Interesting stuff, watched the intro a bit earlier and the bit in question did make me chuckle. It’s nice that they also make a world that isn’t great but isn’t terrible, ‘Ah cool, space’ mixed in with ‘Hey everyone, Early Reagan’

Though it does make ponder what America is like if it had Nixon, Ford and Reagan back to back (or did a Democrat sneak in?).

In the FAM TL, it goes Nixon (1969-73), Ted Kennedy (73-77, losing a very close election to Reagan that mirrors the 2000 election per a news segment that is/was included in the series extras on Apple+'s page for the series), and then Reagan from 77-84. Not being up on spoilers personally, I've no idea who POTUS was after that or when the next season kicks off in the early nineties.

In the FAM TL, it goes Nixon (1969-73), Ted Kennedy (73-77, losing a very close election to Reagan that mirrors the 2000 election per a news segment that is/was included in the series extras on Apple+'s page for the series), and then Reagan from 77-84. Not being up on spoilers personally, I've no idea who POTUS was after that or when the next season kicks off in the early nineties.
That’s fine, that does make sense and works within the framework of 70s America still being incredibly turbulent and all that. Additionally Kennedy after a Nixon bungles the moon landing probably feeds into a Camelot image he tries to propel.

I've not seen the series, but that seems like quite a bit more thought put it into it than the usual standards of TV AH.

That’s fine, that does make sense and works within the framework of 70s America still being incredibly turbulent and all that. Additionally Kennedy after a Nixon bungles the moon landing probably feeds into a Camelot image he tries to propel.

The whole series has that whole kind of "Kennedy's Dream" ethos to it which the S2 ending really leans into.

I really enjoyed how FAM dealt with the Ted Kennedy presidency because it went against my expectations. When he defeated Nixon in the TL I pretty much expected Camelot II: Electric Boogaloo, because that would be what I'd expect out of lazy AH from TV writers. But what we little we saw showed a term littered with some sex scandals and shady political deals, ultimately resulting in a failed bid for reelection. Which I don't see as particularly unrealistic.

Back