• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Review: Another Now

Well I read this a little late but still good stuff. I do like Yanis, even when I don’t agree with him because he’s a passionate and intelligent speaker.

The problem is this book looks like it doesn’t succeed in portraying that passion well which is a shame.

Also I wonder how his ideas compare to one’s like Bryan Gould? Any mention of ESOPs?

Well I read this a little late but still good stuff. I do like Yanis, even when I don’t agree with him because he’s a passionate and intelligent speaker.

The problem is this book looks like it doesn’t succeed in portraying that passion well which is a shame.

Also I wonder how his ideas compare to one’s like Bryan Gould? Any mention of ESOPs?

I see plenty of passion in the book about this new economy, but in fails because Varoufakis simply doesn't know how to write utopia effectively. Some Kim Stanley Robinson or Ursula K. Le Guin would have helped tremendously.

And he does have all businesses being ultimately employee-owned.

And he does have all businesses being ultimately employee-owned.
Interesting, though ESOP is an Employee Share Ownership Plan which technically isn’t employee ownership but also, is.

But really I think Yanis should convince another writer to help him (I’m should Mr Kim Stanley would be game) or do a graphic novel about economics.

Back