• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Quick question, would this informational get me banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperialGermanKomandant

Pronouns
He/him
Well, I've been getting my informational posts in my fic GATE: and so the Iron Pact Fought and there is one informational that can be problematic. It details the alternate path of Adolf Hitler, where he changed from walking his OTL path to a new one.

Just asking because I've seen several sites simply ban me for saying that Adolf Hitler could change. I've put the informational in a quote for review:

SNIPPET REMOVED BY MODS

I'm just asking because I've had some forums simply go out and ban me for saying something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is why do you feel the need to so thoroughly remake Hitler like this when there are a LOT of other Germans who you could have as the leader of Germany in the 1940's who wouldn't need to be so radically altered. Because this Hitler is basically only Hitler in name and appearance.
From my understanding, wars change people, and seeing your ideology play out in reality changes people more. He was forced into a command position because it was literally all hands on deck during that conflict, and he was thrown with various 'undesirables' that in OTL he would exterminate because said 'all hands on deck' included militarizing an incredible portion of the population. It was then where he not only saw that the so-called 'undesirables' fought with just as much -if not greater- zeal and valor than those he would later consider 'superior', they also gave their lives like the 'actual' Germans.

One of the things that Adolf Hitler was at his core was a pan-Germanist, an old nationalist ideology that was populated by the German liberals of the 19th century, especially after France screwed with the various German states, again. This nationalism became a twisted parody thanks to WW1 and getting into the nastier segments of the occult after the war.

People forget that many of the greatest villains of history became them, not born. It could be, as the Joker puts it, 'one bad day' where they snapped or a series of events that made them into the monsters they are remembered as. That, in that process, anyone can become a monster, and this process can be interrupted like any other...

I have no desire to start a fight - especially as you've had no moderator action taken on this forum - but it is frankly misleading (at best) to say that this post is why you've been banned from multiple Alternate History forums.

Those reasons are, at least partially, available freely online by searching for your username; but it does seem instructive that I can only find one AH-themed board apart from SLP where you are not currently banned.

I'm just asking because I've had some forums simply go out and ban me for saying something like this.

MOD POST

As you asked, we have discussed this briefly and decided that yes, that would certainly get you a kick and could possibly get you a ban. Obviously, we are open to the idea of alternative Hitlers, one of most commented on timelines on the site involves an alternative Hitler and it has been published by SLP. That could potentially include even more vile Hitlers who for instance were dealt with more quickly.

What we aren't open to is Hitler fan-fiction, which is essentially what that piece was, with a heavy dose of strawman evil Allies to provide a POD which is piling Ossa onto Pelion.

NOT MOD POST

I'm not sure that it is actually possible to have a pan-German Hitler without him eventually descending in to the miasma of the Völkische Bewegung and its attendant beliefs. It could perhaps be skilfully and plausibly done by someone who really knew the period and the figures involved.

MOD POST

As you asked, we have discussed this briefly and decided that yes, that would certainly get you a kick and could possibly get you a ban. Obviously, we are open to the idea of alternative Hitlers, one of most commented on timelines on the site involves an alternative Hitler and it has been published by SLP. That could potentially include even more vile Hitlers who for instance were dealt with more quickly.

What we aren't open to is Hitler fan-fiction, which is essentially what that piece was, with a heavy dose of strawman evil Allies to provide a POD which is piling Ossa onto Pelion.

NOT MOD POST

I'm not sure that it is actually possible to have a pan-German Hitler without him eventually descending in to the miasma of the Völkische Bewegung and its attendant beliefs. It could perhaps be skilfully and plausibly done by someone who really knew the period and the figures involved.
Thank you for your time and patience. I was just asking and I've got my answer. I didn't want to stumble into a ban again so I'll leave that informative off the books.

So, I've been thinking, I was thinking of putting a short answer (which isn't really short) for how to describe Adolf Hitler after the Great War of Resistance (must be known that it isn't complete and it would be nice to get some help on this):

The short summary of Adolf Hitler in this timeline? Normal until the 1920s and the Great War of Resistance. After that conflict, he became a broken man and it was only thanks to Walt Disney and his XO's family that prevented him to fully dive into a world of using various drugs and alcohol to keep PTSD at bay (which seriously shortened his lifespan) like so many others. The PTSD attacks combined with his guilt kept attacking Adolf's racism but, as they say, old habits die hard. For Egon's family, he was known for the longest time as that one (slowly improving) racist uncle who has serious PTSD issues and has been trying to chase it away via drugs and alcohol.

Think of Adolf here being essentially a young version of Walter Kowalski (aka a racist, PTSD-laden asshole that does have a soft spot under all that roughage) from Grand Torino with a drinking and drug problem and you would get what Adolf became for almost a decade.

This constant roller coaster would eventually get a few interventions, leading Adolf into getting himself together again which would lead him to take up painting and writing down a memoir about his portion of the Great War of Resistance (all the while telling Egon's children the sort of man that their father was). Adolf wouldn't actually get into politics until the mid-to-late 1930s, and even then not seriously until the 1940s.

_____
So, how would something like this work?

So, how would something like this work?

MOD POST:

As we said previously

"Obviously, we are open to the idea of alternative Hitlers, one of most commented on timelines on the site involves an alternative Hitler and it has been published by SLP. That could potentially include even more vile Hitlers who for instance were dealt with more quickly."

What we said we weren't particularly open to was Hitler fan-fiction and here once again we have this "Great War of Resistance". Guess who goes through a rough patch, cleans himself up, whilst trying to put down his "issues" to PTSD which a particularly unpleasant way of trying to detoxifying them, before becoming a successful politician.

I think it has become pretty clear to the mods that you can't take a hint and that what you want to produce is basically a "clean" Hitler thread where any actions can be blamed either on the evil Allies or his PTSD.

Perhaps you should find a more suitable site for this, because it's fairly clear that Sea Lion Press is not for you.

BANNED.

(as usual, please do not like this post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back