• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Protestant Bavaria

That might be true, but unless one of the board is Romansch, or has been studiously plugging away at Duolingo from a bedsit in Winchelsea, Wabash or Wellington, I think we're vanishingly unlikely to have any. In which case, you three are some of the best outside shots going.
I'm not bad at German and can manage very basic touristy French and Italian, though as ever reading > listening > speaking in both cases. My grand sum total experience of Romansch is a 26-min video on a youtube channel called Ecolinguist, where a Romansch speaker gave clues to a series of words in Romansch to speakers of Romanian, Italian and French, and they had to guess what he meant. But based on their success rates we need an Italian native speaker who's studied Romanian (or speaks a northern dialect of Italian) and who also knows the German words "also", "genau" and "schon".

Back