• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

On Trial. Day 3

David Flin

Getting fishing gear ready.
Magazine Editor
Today's epistle (well, technically, it's tomorrow's, but I'm putting them up in the previous evening because I don't have time in the morning and I don't want to leave you waiting for a whole day before you get something.

@Sgt Frosty is still doing his thing. It could be entitled Waltzing St Patrick, but you'll have to read the article to find out what that's all about.

Discuss Here.

After his travels in Australia (something of a miracle in itself), St Patrick is subsequently always depicted with spiders, having used them to deal with the snakes. This leads to him being the patron saint not only of Ireland but also of spiders and, for some reason only known to the 14th Century Vatican, poison-using assassins.

St Patrick begins driving the Snakes out of Australia but changes his mind upon meeting the Australians and realising the snakes are more promising potential converts to Christianity.

Last edited:
“God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three in one, just like the leaves of the passionflower. Then there are the archangels, who are like the legs of a spider - Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Sariel, Raguel, and Remiel”

“But that’s only sev—”

“Shhh! You don’t want him pulling a leg off that spider. Not again.”

Last edited:
St. Patrick unfortunately hadn't reckoned with the widespread belief of the locals in some sort of snake spirit who brought the rain. Naturally apprehensive about losing their source of water, they drive him out of Australia instead waving snakes as their banner, inadvertently sparking the creation of a more centralised, ritualised version of the Dreamtime.

Back