• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

On Her Majesty's Secret Service ‘67

I enjoyed this article. The movie has a special point of affection for being so loyal to the book but also for Rigg's appearance. The one thing that has intrigued me to learn is the possibility of Brynner as Blofeld. The actor was better known for being a dog owner than a cat one. However, I think he would have come over as far more sinister in the role than Savalas (unfortunately not challenging his chilling portrayal of Archer Maggott from The Dirty Dozen (1967)).

YBbase.jpg

Interesting question indeed. But do you know what'd be even more interesting? Whether JB'd still exist in a world where WW2 goes very different. No matter whether the Nazis survive, Stalin wins bigger, or the western Allies end up controlling more territory.

- Would Ian Fleming still write champagne-flavored spy fiction? Could well be.
- Would Hollywood

Less probable: Whether his hero would still be named James Bond (sure, he chose it because the name is so unconspicuous, but since this depended on him finding a book by the ornithologist with that name, it's far from sure); and whether Sean Connery would play him in a movie.

Of course, these two Ifs would already destroy JB for many fans...

Back