• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Non-Trek SF Worldbuilding: Red Dwarf

The GELFs, Simulants, Cats, and various lost science projects and mechanical/AI beings are a great way to sneak around the No Aliens bit, aren't they? It also, I just realised, works great for gags because you can have them be closer to British viewers in references, props etc because humans made them.

Here's a link to those videos from Spaced Out I mentioned (I've only seen the first one thus far). It is interesting considering he also does serious in-universe videos about living on ships like the Enterprise or the Liberator, and often the clips he picks don't make it obvious Red Dwarf is a comedy either - which would be an interesting way for someone to encounter it for the first time!

The DS9 production team did sneak in a couple of references to Red Dwarf. The Promenade Directory lists offices for both Diva Droid Corporation and Jupiter Mining Corporation.

IMG_0130.jpeg

The DS9 production team did sneak in a couple of references to Red Dwarf. The Promenade Directory lists offices for both Diva Droid Corporation and Jupiter Mining Corporation.

View attachment 79433
Along with others for the Hitchhiker's Guide, not to mention the inevitable Buckaroo Banzai and others.

Back