• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

NEW RELEASES: Look to the West returns as McCarthy goes red and revolution reigns

While checking through to make sure it's all OK (it is!) I was reminded that I originally wrote this in 2015, and an in-joke of the framing device is that it's set in the house of Not Gavin Barwell in Croydon after losing the election to Not Sarah Jones, which I wrote as a way of commiserating with @Meadow after she lost the election there in OTL.

Considering Barwell proceeded to lose the election there two years later anyway and four years before I got around to releasing the book, possibly not a joke that has aged well.

Just noticed via the kindle list, there's a SLP book called Streseland in New Releases too, did that get an official release?

The next step is obviously to write a book where the Bircher conspiracy of Ike being a secret Red is actually true.

Well...

There's a point in both OTL and in the novel where Ike and McCarthy have a confrontation during the 1952 presidential election. When I was writing the novel, I very briefly considered having McCarthy blackmail Ike into spying for the Soviets in addition to using it to get him to back off attacking the Senator. I thought that was a step too far at the time, but now you make me wonder...

On a related note, I'll be doing a livestream tomorrow at 1pm Central with the Dead Hand Radio podcast talking about Our Man on the Hill for those who might be interested. Going to be sure to give the larger SLP catalog a plug while I'm on there. Post a link when I have one to share.

Well...

There's a point in both OTL and in the novel where Ike and McCarthy have a confrontation during the 1952 presidential election. When I was writing the novel, I very briefly considered having McCarthy blackmail Ike into spying for the Soviets in addition to using it to get him to back off attacking the Senator. I thought that was a step too far at the time, but now you make me wonder...

On a related note, I'll be doing a livestream tomorrow at 1pm Central with the Dead Hand Radio podcast talking about Our Man on the Hill for those who might be interested. Going to be sure to give the larger SLP catalog a plug while I'm on there. Post a link when I have one to share.

Here’s the link, going live at 1pm Central (your time zone may vary).

Back