• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Needing Napoleon an alternate history by Gareth Williams

Gsreth Williams new novel

GarethWilliams

My first novel, Needing Napoleon was published by The Conrad Press on 18 November 2021. Available from most online booksellers as ebook or paperback. The sequel, Serving Shaka is due out in spring 2022. The premise is this - a disaffected history teacher believes Napoleon could have won the Battle of Waterloo.
On holiday in Paris he stumbles across an antique shop where the eccentric owner claims to know the secret to time travel. You have to want it more than your current life and accept that it is a one-way trip.
Richard, the teacher, makes that journey but things don’t work out as he hoped. But he does witness the battle and meet Napoleon Bonaparte. More than that, he eventually finds himself on St Helena with the exiled emperor. Can he help him escape? and if so, where can they go?
I have a publishing deal but most marketing is left up to me. I would be delighted if anyone on this forum would like to buy my book. However, I am also happy to engage in discussions about the Napoleonic period and my ideas as to what might have haplened to Bonaparte had he managed an escape from St Helena.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good - links?

Chris
Thanks for the interest. Wasn’t sure a link was allowed on this forum. Am a bit sensitive having been banned elsewhere. if you search Gareth Williams
Needing Napoleon in most online bookshops, you should find it immediately. There are some reviews on Waterstones and Amazon.

Back