• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I'm a simple man - I see Apo, I click like
I’ve lost what little sympathy I had for the men since he started getting more closely aligned with Erdogan.

The WW3 part is a bit dubious. The rest is pretty good but there's no way France let foreign soldiers pass its borders without turning Moscow into a crater.
The story is supposed to be a part of a wider Obama 2012 = FDR world, but I got a bit carried away.

This is incredible, I honestly would love to see more from this insane world. What were the puppet states like for the short time that they existed?
Thanks, I guess it changes from country. I was imagining France and Spain as fortresses governed by Vox and FN de jure, but mostly the Russians de facto. Germany would probably be split into a Vichy east and AFD west. Belgium gets split between the Flemish and Walloons, with the latter getting governed by the Nazbols. Italy would also probably be split between the various far-right groups, though the M5S would also hold some say, and as mentioned earlier, the Russophilic far-left would also be a part of the governing coalition, and even lead the nations like Czechia and Hungary. The rest of Eastern Europe would just be mostly fascists in the mold of the Golden Dawn, with some like Bulgaria and Slovakia allowed to have some social democrats in power.

Also you’d have Turkish troops in the Ruhr, Dutch Randstad, Paris, Brussels, Vienna, and other Western cities with high Turkish/Muslim populations, and of course in places like Bulgaria, Bosnia and to a lesser extent Romania as well, though all of them would slowly be brought to the Eastern front to fight the Chinese. I also think Turks in Western-Europe may get the post-WW2 German treatment.

In short, it would mostly be awful fascism of various stripes mixed with some tankies and Turkish troops finally getting West of Vienna.

Thanks, I guess it changes from country. I was imagining France and Spain as fortresses governed by Vox and FN de jure, but mostly the Russians de facto. Germany would probably be split into a Vichy east and AFD west. Belgium gets split between the Flemish and Walloons, with the latter getting governed by the Nazbols. Italy would also probably be split between the various far-right groups, though the M5S would also hold some say, and as mentioned earlier, the Russophilic far-left would also be a part of the governing coalition, and even lead the nations like Czechia and Hungary. The rest of Eastern Europe would just be mostly fascists in the mold of the Golden Dawn, with some like Bulgaria and Slovakia allowed to have some social democrats in power.

Also you’d have Turkish troops in the Ruhr, Dutch Randstad, Paris, Brussels, Vienna, and other Western cities with high Turkish/Muslim populations, and of course in places like Bulgaria, Bosnia and to a lesser extent Romania as well, though all of them would slowly be brought to the Eastern front to fight the Chinese. I also think Turks in Western-Europe may get the post-WW2 German treatment.

In short, it would mostly be awful fascism of various stripes mixed with some tankies and Turkish troops finally getting West of Vienna.
Very cursed I love it. How is the post war countries doing? I’m suspecting we got a 2nd Marshall Plan and maybe even a more powerful UN.

Very cursed I love it. How is the post war countries doing? I’m suspecting we got a 2nd Marshall Plan and maybe even a more powerful UN.
Since, it’s supposed to be history repeating itself, I guess that we do get another Marshall plan.

From what I can see, Edrogan needs the kurdish vote and is playing to the PKK's sympathies. If anything Apo seems to be using him to get an earlier release
Öcalan is also using Erdogan, but at the expense of the Kurdish movement. Apo’s calls for neutrality in the Istanbul mayoral rerun could have seriously hurt the Turkish democratic movement, and as a result the Kurds at well. There’s also an increasing rift between followers of Öcalan and Demirtaş, and the government is trying to use this to divide the Kurdish movements in three (pro-Öcalan, pro-Demirtas seculars, and pro-Demirtas Islamists).

Öcalan is also using Erdogan, but at the expense of the Kurdish movement. Apo’s calls for neutrality in the Istanbul mayoral rerun could have seriously hurt the Turkish democratic movement, and as a result the Kurds at well. There’s also an increasing rift between followers of Öcalan and Demirtaş, and the government is trying to use this to divide the Kurdish movements in three (pro-Öcalan, pro-Demirtas seculars, and pro-Demirtas Islamists).
No revolutionary movement can get by without a few major fuckups. Not defending Öcalan's choices here, just looking at it how it might add up further down the line.

T WO term limit becomes effective later on.

Dwight D.EIsenhower Republican Richard M Nixon
Def. Harry S. Truman Democratic Adali Steven

Dwight D.EIsenhower Republican Richard M Nixon
Def. Adali Stevenson Republican John Sparkman
Dwight D. Eisenhower Republican Charles Percy
Def.John Fritzgerald Kennedy Democratic Stuart Symthington

Sounds like a Harry Potter character
He is the mayor of Invercargill (and NZ's longest serving mayor) and looks like the kindest man alive (he literally cannot stop smiling).
He's also an independent who used to be part of the Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis AND NZFirst.

To quote the profile I gave of the People’s Tim:
He (or his public persona [1]) is a delightful loon who spent the 70s on a commune and became known for writing a book on concrete, and has spent 29 of the past 36 years as a mayor.

I think his entire personality can be summarised with an anecdote from when he went on our rough equivalent of Mock the Week, where one panel member asked him "Bill Clinton said he smoked marijuana, but never inhaled. Tim, is it true that you never exhaled?"

[1] Shadbolt's first wife has accused him of beating her throughout the 1970s and 80s, and while she has forgiven him and believes he is remorseful, it casts a very dark pall over a jovial buffoon.

Since this was written, Shadbolt has increasingly come under fire from his local council colleagues for erratic behaviour on the job, which is widely speculated to be some sort of mental decline (or a treacherous plot by disloyal councillors, depending on your view).

Regardless, he’s done a lot for Invercargill and has certainly earned his devoted following - it’s just becoming a question of whether he’s not outstaying his welcome (compare heroes of the Global South’s other liberation struggles).

I think his entire personality can be summarised with an anecdote from when he went on our rough equivalent of Mock the Week, where one panel member asked him "Bill Clinton said he smoked marijuana, but never inhaled. Tim, is it true that you never exhaled?"
That's 7 Days, I'm guessing? Struggling to figure out that's Dai Henwood or Paul Ego asking.
Regardless, he’s done a lot for Invercargill and has certainly earned his devoted following - it’s just becoming a question of whether he’s not outstaying his welcome (compare heroes of the Global South’s other liberation struggles).
He still exists in my cultural shorthand because of those Southern Institute of Technology adverts where he plays cricket. Kinda shitty to hear about the wife-beating.

To quote the profile I gave of the People’s Tim:

Since this was written, Shadbolt has increasingly come under fire from his local council colleagues for erratic behaviour on the job, which is widely speculated to be some sort of mental decline (or a treacherous plot by disloyal councillors, depending on your view).

I think you can learn a lot about Tim from the fact that his only steady jobs have been Mayor and Driveway Concrete Pourer In West Auckland, both of which require significant levels of good humour and tenacity.

I think you can learn a lot about Tim from the fact that his only steady jobs have been Mayor and Driveway Concrete Pourer In West Auckland, both of which require significant levels of good humour and tenacity.
And both occasionally, since we’re talking about West Auckland, involve encasing an enemy’s feet in concrete.

Cleggmania: Third Variance- Three referendums, three Tory PMs, and the three and two halves party system

2007: Gordon Brown (Labour)
2007-2011: David Cameron (Conservative Minority with DUP Supply and demand )
2011-2016: Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat-Labour Coalition)

2012 Electoral reform Referendum
Q 1. Change 54% Keep FPTP 46%
Q2. 36% STV 35% AMS 29% AV
2015-2016: Jeremy Hunt (Conservative-Liberal Democrat-UKIP Coalition)
2016 EU membership referendum: Leave 51% Leave 49%
2016 Theresa May(Conservative-Liberal Democrat-UKIP Coalition)
2016-2020 Mary Creagh (Labour-Green-Plaid Cymru-SDLP Government with SNP, Alliance and Lib Dem S&C )

2017 Scottish Independence Referendum: Remain 59% Leave 41%
2018 EU Deal Referendum: Remain 52% Deal 48%
2020-Present Mary Creagh (Labour lead National Government)

Back