• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Legacy of Saint Brendan

I've just finished it and very much enjoyed it - it reminded me a lot of a more detailed look at a similar (if not the same) concept as the backstory to L Sprague de Camp's classic "The Wheels of If". Look forward to the continuation.

I'm aware I sound like a strawman version of my own LTTW thread commenters here, but I feel the only thing it would have benefited from was a map to help keep track of where all the different groups were in relation to one another.

Will do a review on Amazon shortly!

I've just finished it and very much enjoyed it - it reminded me a lot of a more detailed look at a similar (if not the same) concept as the backstory to L Sprague de Camp's classic "The Wheels of If". Look forward to the continuation.

I'm aware I sound like a strawman version of my own LTTW thread commenters here, but I feel the only thing it would have benefited from was a map to help keep track of where all the different groups were in relation to one another.

Will do a review on Amazon shortly!
I’m glad you enjoyed it!

There were maps on the AH.com thread, but I’ll confess to not making as many as it probably needed :p

I’m looking forward to your review!

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

There were maps on the AH.com thread, but I’ll confess to not making as many as it probably needed :p

I’m looking forward to your review!
No problem. Including maps in Kindle books is a bit fraught with difficulty (I get @Alex Richards to make mine and even with his skill they're often only just legible on Kindle) so what I've started doing is asking him if I can link directly to his Deviantart (or mine for the ones I make) and providing links in the text or footnotes of the book.

I have found maps can take time to produce but can be satisfying. The one for 'Eve of the Globe's War' took almost as long as writing the book itself but I am very proud of it.

I have found the best way is to create them as a .bmp then convert them to .jpeg only at the very final stage. Then I put them into a 1x1 table on a page on their own. This reduces the chances of 'slippage' when the book goes into ebook format.

I have found maps can take time to produce but can be satisfying. The one for 'Eve of the Globe's War' took almost as long as writing the book itself but I am very proud of it.

I have found the best way is to create them as a .bmp then convert them to .jpeg only at the very final stage. Then I put them into a 1x1 table on a page on their own. This reduces the chances of 'slippage' when the book goes into ebook format.

I've got to admit I've found them a lot easier to do since getting the hang of inkscape and vector graphics.

I find I am having to refer to the reigns of Byzantine Emperors whenever a particular date comes up! Justinian I, Phocas, Constantine V Copronymous, and Basil II Bulgaroctoronous. It did cross my mind that maybe the Eastern Roman Empire might take interest in this new land, however, i realised that they couldn't be interested in a heretical Latin Christian dominion over there.

Back