• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Least favorite alt-history story?

Yeah, I would bet that the Brit Confederatephilia stems from Southern Confederatephiles being too overtly racist to last long on the other place.

I think you just had a lot of "my alternate history dad's bigger than your alternate history's dad". I.E. could 1860 Britain/US map paint over 1860 US/Britain and then rule the universe/go full Dan Hannan. Which then evolved into Confederatephilia from the British and "the US could have taken Canada with 5 men and a dog" from the Americans (1812? Never heard of it).

All in all there wasn't much light despite it coming up year after year. Much like how Operation Sea Lion could have worked if *rolls wheel of increasingly ludicrous PODs*...

You know, I don’t know why I did this to myself but I read part of a fanfic that’s NCIS crossed with DC comics and a still ongoing USSR at the Other Place. Argh. Why do I do this to myself? Why?
Oh yeah, that's the most recent "completed timeline" over there. I almost took a look at it on name alone, but saw what it actually was and decided not to.

It seems like that story belongs on like Ao3; rather than a site about Alternate History.
Having browsed through the Fandom AH section of the other place just now, it honestly feels like a very weird section to have on an alternate history site. It'd be one thing if it was solely for fanfics/AUs of existing alternate history/future history works (like Draka or Fallout or Battletech), but a lot of it seems to be ASOIAF SIs or crossover works instead.

Having browsed through the Fandom AH section of the other place just now, it honestly feels like a very weird section to have on an alternate history site. It'd be one thing if it was solely for fanfics/AUs of existing alternate history/future history works (like Draka or Fallout or Battletech), but a lot of it seems to be ASOIAF SIs or crossover works instead.

It was made mainly to keep ASOIAF stories from dominating the ASB subforum (which they were).

It was made mainly to keep ASOIAF stories from dominating the ASB subforum (which they were).

Let's be honest--Fandom AU's never really fit in the ASB subforum to begin with, and their being kept there was always an awkward juryrigged thing that was inevitably going to lead to something like the ASOIAF era happening until they were given their own section.

And sure, there's a load of shit that probably doesn't belong on the site on the subforum, but, well, that's true of every subforum.

See, that makes sense, given that I recall one particular timeline where the Legio IX Hispana was transported to Westeros was in ASB way back when I first started visiting the site, but I'm still gonna grumble about it.

Back