• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

Do you all think Family Guy is the most popular piece of media to ever be set in Rhode Island? Like I own this book mapping fictional locations, and the only place in Rhode Island is Quahog. I can’t find any media set in Providence or anything. What’s the second most famous piece of media set in Rhode Island? Help

Do you all think Family Guy is the most popular piece of media to ever be set in Rhode Island? Like I own this book mapping fictional locations, and the only place in Rhode Island is Quahog. I can’t find any media set in Providence or anything. What’s the second most famous piece of media set in Rhode Island? Help
Apparently Young Justice is set in Rhode Island, that’s… probably runner up?

Is anything by Lovecraft set in Rhode Island? I know he was from there originally.

Who’s the biggest disappointment from Minnesota - The Vikings or Al Franken?

Brock Lesnar for his match at Wrestlemania 20. Partly because he gave up wrestling to then fail at playing for the Vikings.

i believe the call of cthulhu's main character is from there

got the image of Cthulhu just chilling in downtown Providence

The Greatest Prime Minister In British History
2022-2025: Liz Truss (Conservative)
Dec 2022: “Christmas Intervention” in Ukraine results in collapse of Russian Putin regime
Jan 2023: Mining of Lithium Deposits results in nationwide economic boom
Mar 2023: Polling for Tories hits record levels
Apr 2023: Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak disappears into the sea
2023 (Majority) def. Keir Starmer (Labour), Ed Davey (Liberal Democrat), Nicola Sturgeon (SNP)
June 2023: Housing Bubble in People’s Republic of China bursts, collapse of Chinese economy
August 2023: Bashar Al-Assad and extended family killed in British airstrike
September 2023: NHS Abolished, Tory polling increases
2023 Scottish Independence Referendum: 86% No, 14% Yes
November 2023: Argentinian Bullrich government gives up Falklands claim
February 2024: CCP government overthrown by British military mission
April 2024: Hard border established in Northern Ireland
May 2024: UK unemployment hits 0.5%
August 2024: Labour Party collapses
November 2024: Britain declared “greatest country in the world”
January 2025: The Sun explodes, end of human existence

Last edited:
i'm gonna express a little spite about something, very briefly

back in 2017 internet, the order of the day is that feminism is now Completely Irrelevant In The Perfect Democratic West. this was obviously wrong, but what annoys me is just like

ok so pop culture, right? it never really mentions being on your period outside the context of it being a Woman Thing. Like, take that IT crowd episode. It was based around the idea of that The Woman (a good 30% of the reason as to why father ted is the best of the linehan sitcoms is because Mrs. Doyle is a way more distinct character than Fran or whatever the lady who couldn't do computers in the it crowd was called) is doing a Woman Thing which makes her seem aggressive to the Male Characters. Meanwhile, being on your period is something that happens to literally half of the planet earth and it is rarely presented as anything but Weird Girl Thing. I heard Turning Red actually represented it's existence which was nice, still need to watch it.

I don't know why I'm annoyed by this. Maybe my brain's just digging up old meaningless grudges. I don't know why.

As a Romanian I am forced to defend Emperor Napoleon III because he was integral in making my country an united independent nation.

Seriously,thank you Napoleon III,you’re the main reason why Russia and Turkey didn’t immediately invade the United Principates and chop them to bits after Cuza was forced to abdicate.
Oh, I love the guy. He was, however, still a fuckwit

Quick thing that I thought of here: people's arguments for school uniforms, and it's really the only one that's not basically just vibes, is that it evens out the class divide and prevents bullying due to clothing choices. That's fair enough, but what that doesn't argue is the pageantry around uniforms — bring commanded to tuck in shirts and skirts only for female students, so on and so forth. If you’re arguing a class equality position, shouldn't the mission be to strip the uniform of that pageantry? Surely we're past the point in human history where we think the only way to teach politeness is to teach refinement.

Quick thing that I thought of here: people's arguments for school uniforms, and it's really the only one that's not basically just vibes, is that it evens out the class divide and prevents bullying due to clothing choices. That's fair enough, but what that doesn't argue is the pageantry around uniforms — bring commanded to tuck in shirts and skirts only for female students, so on and so forth. If you’re arguing a class equality position, shouldn't the mission be to strip the uniform of that pageantry? Surely we're past the point in human history where we think the only way to teach politeness is to teach refinement.

From experience, 'skirts only for girls' had died by the time I was going through school in the late 90s/early 2000s, assuming you mean by that 'girls must be in skirts.'

Tucked in shirts is just one of those things that's essentially standard in most workplaces anyway. Even if you've moved to 'polos are alright'.

Back