• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

actually, on this

is there someone out there in the united states of america below the age of 35 who defends Gary Hart? I mean genuinely. In the case of Bill Clinton, he won two elections, in the case of Al Franken, he was a liberal darling, but Gary Hart?

Is there someone out there who's like "Senator Hart got a bad rap. Donna Rice was paid off by the Republicans." or something? America's a big country, so maybe somewhere in Denver there's someone who still worships at the pedestal of Gary Hart, but I just can't imagine it. There's not enough to inspire anyone in what he believed, or his political history, or his fucking actions that would make anyone feel anything.

I don't know, man.

Is there someone out there who's like "Senator Hart got a bad rap. Donna Rice was paid off by the Republicans." or something? America's a big country, so maybe somewhere in Denver there's someone who still worships at the pedestal of Gary Hart, but I just can't imagine it. There's not enough to inspire anyone in what he believed, or his political history, or his fucking actions that would make anyone feel anything.
The weird thing about the Hart affair is, it was consensual and it seemed that Hart and his wife had an...arrangement given how they stayed together till her death pondering separating twice.

So unlike Clinton or Franken, which are just all sorts of dodgy, the Hart stuff is just kind...average middle age man affair, with the added benefit of everyone seeming to be on board with it. Which is probably no one bothers trying to defend it etc. Hart at the end of the day just had an affair, which whilst a bit shitty is fairly bland politician wise.

The problem was that he repeatedly lied about it.

Additionally Hart was a narcissistic Centrist Populist which is famously a good thing.

alright, so i'm going to be clear:
i started writing an ASB but i thought fun little ah list about a situation in which an out-of-ideas federal government decides to save the flailing and splintering AFL and NFL by making a federal football league, but somehow writing it so that every state would have one football team

I got a significant amount of the way into it as well, but then i moved it to a notepad file, and I forgot to save it, and my computer restarted.

so that sucks

me, but in the same way i """admire""" LBJ or Nixon for being brilliant and also a shit (in the words of Denis Healey)

this is meant neither as a compliment nor insult, simply objective fact; Nixon is cool as hell bc he's the only actual "American" who has ever existed. he is a walking manifestation of this entire country's history and future.

this is meant neither as a compliment nor insult, simply objective fact; Nixon is cool as hell bc he's the only actual "American" who has ever existed. he is a walking manifestation of this entire country's history and future.

It's been said before, most notably by the man himself, but people loved Kennedy because he was a living example of everything Americans aspired to be, and hated Nixon because he was a living example of everything Americans didn't want to admit they were. The meanness of spirit, the relentless paranioac impulse to defend your turf, the constant perception of an elite sneering at you...

considering becoming someone who knows about eastern europe in the 90's but only for the former eastern bloc and nowhere actually in the soviet union. unfortunately, @Yokai Man has already stolen romania so that leaves me with czecho and slovakia, hungary, poland and bulgaria

considering becoming someone who knows about eastern europe in the 90's but only for the former eastern bloc and nowhere actually in the soviet union. unfortunately, @Yokai Man has already stolen romania so that leaves me with czecho and slovakia, hungary, poland and bulgaria

Incidentally I'm also quite familiar with the first three as well (especially Hungary since they're my neighboor).

I recomend Paul Lendvai's books as a starter,they're really good,not to mention HBO Europe's documentary on Meciar.

@Southpaw is the expert on Bulgaria due to living there and @Heat is on Poland.

you know what genre i've never had a taste for, exactly? i've never been a big post-apocalypse person. i don't know whether this is because i'm limited in perspective but to me it's very much kind of...

ok, so when i was younger i tried desperately hard to read stephen king's The Gunslinger. I barely got into it, because I just couldn't get hooked by this serious fucking guy walking around this empty wasteland. Now I know The Dark Tower is Technically Not Post-Apocalypse, but I get that same kind of vibe from a lot of Post-Apocalyptic stories. Miserable people walking around a miserable world where everything is framed through the experience of a miserable event, and that just isn't that fun-sounding to me.

I mean no offence if you like the genre, or write in it, but I'd be a big fan of like, a story about a robot apocalypse. Remember robot apocalypses? GIVE ME A ROBOT APOCALYPSE YOU COWAR

Back