• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Interview: Tom Black

I couldn't place which SLP book was set in South America, I must admit. 'Twilight's Last Gleaming', kind of fits I guess?

But there is so much more to alternate history than working out different logistics operations during the drive to Kiev for the hundred and ninth time. To the majority of readers in the general public, that might be news.

Small nitpick: I'd say less "readers in the general public" and more "readers in the online alternate history community". Most mass-market AH (and ficiton in general) does not go into extreme detail on small divergences.

Small nitpick: I'd say less "readers in the general public" and more "readers in the online alternate history community". Most mass-market AH (and ficiton in general) does not go into extreme detail on small divergences.
I don't know when Gary did the interview, but I did wonder if it was before the recent war - there's an obvious black humour observation like "Having exhausted all AH possibilities of the logistics operations on the drive to Kiev in the 1940s, OTL has obligingly provided us with a remake".

True, but I wanted to use a fresh synonym for 'wwii innit'.

I don't know when Gary did the interview, but I did wonder if it was before the recent war - there's an obvious black humour observation like "Having exhausted all AH possibilities of the logistics operations on the drive to Kiev in the 1940s, OTL has obligingly provided us with a remake".
It was recently, and that's actually why I spelled it the Wrong way - the drive to Kiev is very different to the drive to Kyiv.

Back