• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Hyperlinks Don't Stand Out

Delta Force

Gone Fishing
Hyperlinks look like regular text until you hover over them. This isn't like any other site I've ever been on. Can they be made to stand out more?

Hyperlinks look like regular text until you hover over them. This isn't like any other site I've ever been on. Can they be made to stand out more?

External links do stand out. Its only links to elsewhere in the forum that doesn't.

I've got into the habit of bolding internal links as a result.

But yes, if its an easy fix, I would also appreciate that being changed.

Annoyingly the forum doesn’t distinguish between internal links in posts and internal links on pages, so fixing this requires every link on the forum - including the main navigation screen - to turn yellow. To me, it looks rubbish and pretty confusing, but I’m happy to switch over to it for a week and see if people prefer it.

Annoyingly the forum doesn’t distinguish between internal links in posts and internal links on pages, so fixing this requires every link on the forum - including the main navigation screen - to turn yellow. To me, it looks rubbish and pretty confusing, but I’m happy to switch over to it for a week and see if people prefer it.
Is it possible you could try a dark grey for internal links, so the pages doesn't look naff but we can distinguish? Something like this, perhaps

Is it possible you could try a dark grey for internal links, so the pages doesn't look naff but we can distinguish? Something like this, perhaps
I can experiment. Grey may not show up that well for many people. I can look into a pleasing blue that goes well with the yellow, too.

I can talk to XenForo about customising this but I think people now get why I left URLs as black all this time - there just isn't a way to make the software understand that not all links are really the same thing. I'll give it another hour though.

Btw, the alternative is all links are yellow, but that includes - you guessed it - all the links that are on yellow backgrounds.

EDIT: Or TB's grey proposal, I may try that at 5pm.

I like it, and on Dark Mode it makes the Headers and Text Boxes blue.

Back