• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Has the grey mode UI just changed so that certain boxes are blue instead of black for anyone else?

SpudNutimus

I make maps and things.
Pronouns
he/him
Doesn't seem to be impacting functionality at all, but a bunch of previously grey backgrounds on the grey version of the forum UI have just turned blue for me.

Hyperlinks look like regular text until you hover over them. This isn't like any other site I've ever been on. Can they be made to stand out more?
Annoyingly the forum doesn’t distinguish between internal links in posts and internal links on pages, so fixing this requires every link on the forum - including the main navigation screen - to turn yellow. To me, it looks rubbish and pretty confusing, but I’m happy to switch over to it for a week and see if people prefer it.
I can experiment. Grey may not show up that well for many people. I can look into a pleasing blue that goes well with the yellow, too.
Okay, well, I've tried this - I will see what the feedback is as I'm sure everyone can see it.
Yeah, can confrim that for me all links on the forum are now a quite distracting colour of light blue.
Same, just logged in to see this.

I actually quite like the blue. It's consistent with other sites and makes it way easier to tell where something is a link (as opposed to the old black-on-black scheme).

The buttons and text box being blue is really what makes it jarring, oh and it might also be a good idea to make the blue of the links a bit lighter.

This is not showing up for me. Admittedly, I am on Android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-03-23-37-40-296_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-03-23-37-40-296_com.android.chrome.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 3
I changed it to blue on dark mode because people said “actually it looks better in blue on dark mode” earlier today. If the dark mode people want to fight it out among themselves, I can make a change tomorrow. Hell, I think I can just make a new theme based on the current setup.

I changed it to blue on dark mode because people said “actually it looks better in blue on dark mode” earlier today. If the dark mode people want to fight it out among themselves, I can make a change tomorrow. Hell, I think I can just make a new theme based on the current setup.

If you could do a new theme for people that want it this way, I'd appreciate it. I always used the dark mode before, and the way it looks now honestly hurts my eyes.

Back