• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Creative Typos

There's some fun to be had with geographic terms as well- what's so worrying about a storm in the German Bite? Or being becalmed in the Golf of Guinea?

I'm flashing back my second year undergrad course on Renaissance and Reformation Europe, where a friend of mine got a B+ on his essay about Martian Luther and his 99 Faeces.

The lecturer explained that the typos were being forgiven in recognition of the fact that it had been read aloud at the departmental drinks night the week before....

The moral/morale actually probably came into play for the Caroline armies of Sweden of the late seventeenth and early eighteenth century where adherence to Church of Sweden morality was very rigidly enforced.

I notice @David Flin decided not to use the one about "nice places in Kent that you could go for a wank"...

A new one that I'm rather fond of.

A thread in the Old Country has one commentor (not, I hasten to add, the author of the TL) who is repeatedly referring to the Austrian Corporal as "a rapid dog" (sic.).

WI: Hitler was a greyhound?

Back