• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Consequences: A Jumbo Article

Lorenso the Llama of course takes things one thing further by actually having the elephant be named Currant Bun.
I actually hadn't realised myself this was the origin of the 'elephants eat currant buns' meme until researching this article. It even shows up in The Beano Video.

I half though the article was going to be about Jambo the gorilla in Jersey Zoo who protected a child who fell into the gorilla enclosure.

We have a mostly inexplicable household in-joke that revolves around maintaining a fabricated and entirely affected nostalgia for a non-existent bakery brand, specifically Elephant Buns.

Any sticky bun when consumed will be compared unfavorably to this lost brand. The fact that everybody knows that elephants like buns is a key part of giving this false memory a ring of plausibility.

They even had a jingle. Can't find them anywhere now though.

Its cool to know there's an actual 'origin' for the elephant-bun connection though. I always assumed it was one of those Beano things like three boys in a trench-coat, or oversized plates of sausage and mash.

Back