• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Comrade TruthTeller's Infobox, Graphics & Stuff Thread

Comrade TruthTeller

In Dead Loss Angeles, In Dead Loss Angeles
Pronouns
He/him
1611649406485.png
Leader of the Opposition and Leader of the Labour Party Richard Leonard visits an Alexander Dennis bus depot as the General Election campaign begins. Leonard seeks an end to 17 years of Conservative Party rule, the longest period of Tory rule for almost 200 years. Prime Minister Geoffrey Cox, who has led the country since the 2016 retirement of William Hague, has called an election for May this year, and polls predict it will result in the first hung parliament for 47 years.

Last edited:

Comrade TruthTeller

Pronouns
He/him
How I would vote in Labour leadership elections
1922: J R Clynes
1931: Arthur Henderson, not that I have much choice
1932: George Lansbury, not that I have much choice
1935: *Abstain*
1955: Nye Bevan
1960: Daddy Wilson
1961: Tony Greenwood
1963: Daddy Wilson
1976: Michael Foot
1980: Michael Foot
1983: Peter Shore or Eric Heffer, final round, reluctantly Kinnock
1988: Tony Benn or *Abstain*
1992: Bryan Gould
1994: Margaret Beckett
2007: I would have nominated John McDonnell
2010: Diane Abbott, final preference Ed Miliband
2015: Andy Burnham, reluctantly
2016: *Abstain*
2020: *Abstain*

How I would have voted in the deputy leadership elections:
1952: Nye Bevan
1953: Nye Bevan
1956: Nye Bevan
1959: Nye Bevan, not that there was a choice
1960: Frederick Lee
1961: Barbara Castle
1962: Daddy Wilson
1970: Michael Foot
1971: Michael Foot
1972: Michael Foot
1976: Michael Foot
1980: *Abstain*
1981: Tony Benn, somewhat reluctantly
1983: Michael Meacher
1988: Eric Heffer, final round John Prescott, very reluctantly
1992: Bryan Gould, final round Margaret Beckett
1994: Margaret Beckett
2007: *Abstain*
2015: *Abstain*, though I would probably nominate Rushanara Ali but she withdrew so...
2020: Angela Rayner

Comrade TruthTeller

Pronouns
He/him
1613680936548.png
The fight to succeed former Health Secretary Frank Dobson was a very tough one. On the left, the Green Party candidate, and party leader Natalie Bennett. On the right, the Labour Party candidate, former Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer. At the 2015 election, Natalie Bennett would become the new Green Party MP, overturning what once was an extremely large Labour majority, in one of the most catastrophic nights for the Labour Party in history. Keir Starmer was one of the many, many Labour figures introduced to the House of Lords in outgoing Prime Minister Tony Blair's resignation honours that year.

Blackentheborg

I can hear the blood on the moon
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 32996
The fight to succeed former Health Secretary Frank Dobson was a very tough one. On the left, the Green Party candidate, and party leader Natalie Bennett. On the right, the Labour Party candidate, former Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer. At the 2015 election, Natalie Bennett would become the new Green Party MP, overturning what once was an extremely large Labour majority, in one of the most catastrophic nights for the Labour Party in history. Keir Starmer was one of the many, many Labour figures introduced to the House of Lords in outgoing Prime Minister Tony Blair's resignation honours that year.
Just cross your hands, Keir.
- Like this?
...uh, yeah, sure...