• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

Could easily have it be a rudderless Wayne Cryts backed by a cabal of Left Populists,Lyndon LaRouche and Farmers or something.
the wayne cryts explosion on slp has made me begin thinking that he's the american bryan gould: obscure, relevant for a very specific point in history and used commonly on this website

interestingly enough my buddy @Alexander Helios is convinced hoover lost in 32 more because he continued to support prohibition. catholics, he believes, would be more willing to turn on roosevelt following al smith’s loss. it makes for an interesting scenario

I've done a couple of two term Hoover lists which I generally justify by having Japan go nuts and war break out in the Pacific in 1932.

the wayne cryts explosion on slp has made me begin thinking that he's the american bryan gould: obscure, relevant for a very specific point in history and used commonly on this website
I wouldn’t go that far (the American Bryan Gould is definitely Tom McCall) but I would say that Wayne Cryts is definitely the Albert Booth of the SLP America folks.

interestingly enough my buddy @Alexander Helios is convinced hoover lost in 32 more because he continued to support prohibition. catholics, he believes, would be more willing to turn on roosevelt following al smith’s loss. it makes for an interesting scenario

hi, shoutout

the spreadsheet I made for this had anti-Prohibition Hoover winning only by a few thousand votes in California so nonetheless it’d be close but messing with prohibition is a good POD for Hoover 1932

we tend to forget Hoover’s economic policies weren’t blamed for the recession in 1932 and the economy didn’t get so existential until during the presidential transition

Quick question for @Uhura's Mazda, here because I have no idea where else:

I knew a Uruguayan guy in the Hoi4 community that was entirely convinced that Bordaberry was a Carlist, in like, the Spanish sense.

1. Is this true, and god help me if it is
2. If it is not, is there any reason you've picked up that he would believe this

Quick question for @Uhura's Mazda, here because I have no idea where else:

I knew a Uruguayan guy in the Hoi4 community that was entirely convinced that Bordaberry was a Carlist, in like, the Spanish sense.

1. Is this true, and god help me if it is
2. If it is not, is there any reason you've picked up that he would believe this
He was indeed a Carlist, and was given a decoration (the Order of Outlawed Legitimacy) by Sixto Enrique, the brane genius who bases his claim on being the most senior legitimate heir except for his nephew, who isn't eligible for the throne because he isn't sufficiently right-wing.

There's a bit more info on Spanish Wikipedia.

He was indeed a Carlist, and was given a decoration (the Order of Outlawed Legitimacy) by Sixto Enrique, the brane genius who bases his claim on being the most senior legitimate heir except for his nephew, who isn't eligible for the throne because he isn't sufficiently right-wing.

There's a bit more info on Spanish Wikipedia.
fucking uruguayan carlists in the mid 20th century

no, fuck you, YOU'RE coping about bismarck's domination of germany and the victory of reactionary monarchism during the 1848 revolutions while listening to an east german folk band's cover of an anti-prussian political lullaby at half past two in the morning, lib

Back