• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

CanadianTory's Test Thread

Renegade Down - 2017 Canadian federal election

rPfB8vM.png

Never saw the box with Kucinich before. How did the primaries ITTL go? Also what is Bernie's legacy like?

Well Biden won 90% of the vote, so pretty good for the establishment. As for Bernie, he dropped out after six months and endorsed Biden, hence why many progressives opted to back Russ Feingold in later election cycles.

Welcome! I've made more lists and I'm vaguely a Left Libertarian now.

Oh goodness.

Nixon wins in 1960 (Part I)
Presidents of the United States
Ret. General Dwight D. Eisenhower of Kansas / Senator Richard M. Nixon of California (Republican)
1953 - 1961
1952: Governor Adlai Stevenson II of Illinois/Senator John Sparkman of Alabama (Democratic)
1956: Former Governor Adlai Stevenson of Illinois/Senator Estes Kefauver of Tennessee (Democratic)

Vice President Richard M. Nixon of California / Former Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. of Massachusetts (Republican) 1961 - 1965
1960: Senator John F. Kennedy of Massachusetts/Senator Lyndon B. Johnson of Texas (Democratic)
Governor Terry Sanford of North Carolina / Senator Hubert H. Humphrey of Minnesota (Democratic) 1965 - 1966
1964: President Richard Nixon of California/Former Ambassador Walter H. Judd of Minnesota (Republican), Governor George Wallace of Alabama/Senator Strom Thurmond of South Carolina (American Independent)
Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey of Minnesota / Vacant (Democratic) 1966 - 1969
President Hubert H. Humphrey of Minnesota / Governor John Connally of Texas (Democratic) 1969 - 1973
1968: Senator Barry Goldwater of Arizona/Governor Spiro Agnew of Maryland (Republican)
Vice President John Connally of Texas / Senator Frank Church of Idaho (Democratic) 1973 - 1977
1972: Governor Nelson Rockefeller of New York/Senator Robert P. Griffin of Michigan (Republican), Former Governor George Wallace of Alabama/Former Secretary Ezra T. Benson of Utah (Independent)
Former Governor
Ronald Reagan of California / Senator Howard Baker of Tennessee (Republican) 1977 - 1981
1976: President John Connally of Texas/Vice President Frank Church of Idaho (Democratic)
Former Vice President Frank Church of Idaho / Senator Walter Mondale of Minnesota (Democratic) 1981 - 1984
1980: President Ronald Reagan of California/Vice President Howard Baker of Tennessee (Republican)
Vice President Walter Mondale of Minnesota / Vacant (Democratic) 1984 - 1985
President Walter Mondale of Minnesota / Governor Bob Graham of Florida (Democratic) 1985 - 1989
1984: Former President Ronald Reagan of California/Former Secretary Donald Rumsfeld of Illinois (Republican)
Governor Michael Rockefeller of New York / Former Ambassador Anne Armstrong of Texas (Republican) 1989 - 1997
1988: President Walter Mondale of Minnesota/Vice President Bob Graham of Florida (Democratic)
1992: Vice President Bob Graham of Florida/Senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska (Democratic)

Schweitzer was a pretty big trope now that I think about it, but I imagine that was largely because the Democrats IRL never really tapped into that sort of “folksy western rural populist” type of candidate and there was just lots of unfulfilled potential. Honestly wanted to see him run for MT-01 in 2022 but I believe he said he wouldn’t.

The funny thing is that were Schweitzer to run in 2016 he'd probably displace Sanders as the anti-Clinton candidate easily
True, but also Schweitzer was also weirdly friendly with the Clinton’s for a variety of reasons.

But it could have been a close election to say the least.

Back