• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Callan's Graphics and Things

OoxDDMR.png

I love the subtlety of this.

The pre-WWI normality endures for longer, so obviously Argentina's still essentially a British dependency into the 50s so suitably stable to be an Olympic host decades earlier than any Latin American country historically. Meanwhile Australia waits and Addis ends up as the Rio equivalent for Africa.

I presume Italy is essentially a basket case?

I presume Italy is essentially a basket case?
It's not going great - the German-backed Monarchist regime is to say the least not popular - they nearly lost their majority in parliament despite everything weighed up in their favour - and the Communists and Sicilian nationalists are increasingly winning the information war.
WJB 1900 World? Would explain why there's no WWI.
PoD is Albert-Victor not dying of the flu and Irish Home Rule occurring in the late 1890s.

I think you used the wrong flag for Iran in 1984, unless there’s been an Islamic revolution that kept the Shah.

Britain's byzantine, disparate collection of railway companies and networks, damaged, dilapidated and insolvent in the aftermath of the Great Western War, were nationalised by the Lloyd George government under the Transport Act of 1935. Dozens of railway companies which made up the majority of Great Britain and Ireland's railway network were merged into the government-owned British Railways Corporation.

The Belisha Report into the status of Britain's railways, which recommended nationalisation, also recommended electrification of Britain's main intercity and suburban trunk routes using the 1500-volt overhead system that was being rolled out in the Netherlands, standardising the many experimental electrification projects of different voltages and infrastructure built by pre-war railway companies.

This thirty-year project of electrifircation was heavily supported by American and German loans, which in turn necessitated much American and German equipment. While the E122 units, familiar to commuters from the South Coast, East Anglia and the Great North mainline were built by Vickers, much of the equipment and technology came from German manufacturers. Likewise the E12s, the workhorses of intercity transport in Britain for forty years, were a joint venture between the government-owned British Rail Locomotive and America's General Electric.

yYm8i8C.png

Britain's byzantine, disparate collection of railway companies and networks, damaged, dilapidated and insolvent in the aftermath of the Great Western War, were nationalised by the Lloyd George government under the Transport Act of 1935. Dozens of railway companies which made up the majority of Great Britain and Ireland's railway network were merged into the government-owned British Railways Corporation.

The Belisha Report into the status of Britain's railways, which recommended nationalisation, also recommended electrification of Britain's main intercity and suburban trunk routes using the 1500-volt overhead system that was being rolled out in the Netherlands, standardising the many experimental electrification projects of different voltages and infrastructure built by pre-war railway companies.

This thirty-year project of electrifircation was heavily supported by American and German loans, which in turn necessitated much American and German equipment. While the E122 units, familiar to commuters from the South Coast, East Anglia and the Great North mainline were built by Vickers, much of the equipment and technology came from German manufacturers. Likewise the E12s, the workhorses of intercity transport in Britain for forty years, were a joint venture between the government-owned British Rail Locomotive and America's General Electric.

yYm8i8C.png
This is super

Back