• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

Lee has more experience, is from a further state to balance the ticket, is ALSO a woman and a POC, was the only one to vote against the Iraq War, and was former chairwoman of both the Progressive and Black Congressional caucuses. She ticks more than enough boxes, not to mention Duckworth, while good, wasn't born in the US, so she can't technically be VP, right?

I'm going to have to go with Cat on this one bossman. the first thing you have to understand about basically any Sanders victory scenario is that the only way it could be fundamentally achieved is if A. Sanders successfully overwhelms the Democratic Party's machinations by sheer force of an energized and mobilized voting base and B. if the Democratic Party allows it to happen. regardless of how it happened, the only way Bernie is making it to a general election without a DNC-supported Mike Bloomberg ticket or some equally awful shit like that is if he's willing to play ball on at least a few crucial things.

That means that he's not picking the woman who essentially stood against the Iraq War alone in the House, from California, which frankly isn't a good state to geographically balance a ticket led by a Senator from Vermont. it simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.

What if Dr. Oz wins

we can come back and laugh at my ignorance later if I'm wrong, but i would say Fetterman has essentially a 90% chance of winning that Senate race regardless of his opponent or what happens between now and next November. imo elections are won by two things, vibes and material interests. if you have the right vibes to match ur voters and u can adequately appeal to at least their most pressing material needs, u will win the race and Fetterman can do both. the big man is essentially the top-pick the Dems could have went for in a nominee in Pennsylvania and as long as Joe doesn't like have a dementia fit and personally insult the Philly Fanatic then he should be fine against the extremely lackluster field he's facing.

Last edited:
we can come back and laugh at my ignorance later if we're wrong, but i would say Fetterman has essentially a 90% chance of winning that Senate race regardless of his opponent or what happens between now and next November. imo elections are won by two things, vibes and material interests. if you have the right vibes to match ur voters and u can adequately appeal to at least their most pressing material needs, u will win the race and Fetterman can do both. the big man is essentially the top-pick the Dems could have went for in a nominee in Pennsylvania and as long as Joe doesn't like have a dementia fit and personally insult the Philly Fanatic then he should be fine against the extremely lackluster field he's facing.

do you think any Democratic candidate (say, Conor Lamb or Malcolm Kenyatta) has a chance of defeating Fetterman?

on that note, while it may be far too early to predict things, I feel like Josh Shapiro might be vetted as a potential Democratic presidential candidate depending on how he performs

he was the highest vote-getter Pennsylvania Dems had in 2020, he won Luzerne County (which Trump won by more than six points), and he may have outperformed Bob friggin Casey in Pennsylvania's 8th congressional district

do you think any Democratic candidate (say, Conor Lamb or Malcolm Kenyatta) has a chance of defeating Fetterman

no. at least not anymore. that could have been different if Lamb, Kenyatta, Arkoosh, etc. had a break out period seven or eight months ago, but it's frankly just too late in the race. Fetterman is a fundraising fucking machine rn, he's polling upwards of 20-30% more than his closest opponent, and all of the controversies or scandals they could throw at him have already been discovered and deliberately amplified and it hasn't done literally anything; Based on some interpretations of the polling, Fetterman's support with Black voters in particular might have gone up after that shotgun story came out. it's over imo.

on that note, while it may be far too early to predict things, I feel like Josh Shapiro might be vetted as a potential Democratic presidential candidate depending on how he performs

he was the highest vote-getter Pennsylvania Dems had in 2020, he won Luzerne County (which Trump won by more than six points), and he may have outperformed Bob friggin Casey in Pennsylvania's 8th congressional district

not well versed enough in Shapiro to make a definitive call, but there are very good things that can come from his Governorship if he wins even if he kinda just seems like a fairly par for the course Midwestern Dem. i've actually given thought to him as like a Harris running mate in 24' if Biden decides not to run, but idk if he's Presidential material yet.

I'm going to have to go with Cat on this one bossman. the first thing you have to understand about basically any Sanders victory scenario is that the only way it could be fundamentally achieved is if A. Sanders successfully overwhelms the Democratic Party's machinations by sheer force of an energized and mobilized voting base and B. if the Democratic Party allows it to happen. regardless of how it happened, the only way Bernie is making it to a general election without a DNC-supported Mike Bloomberg ticket or some equally awful shit like that is if he's willing to play ball on at least a few crucial things.

That means that he's not picking the woman who essentially stood against the Iraq War alone in the House, from California, which frankly isn't a good state to geographically balance a ticket led by a Senator from Vermont. it simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.
1638397345651.png

do you think any Democratic candidate (say, Conor Lamb or Malcolm Kenyatta) has a chance of defeating Fetterman?

I personally can't put any weight behind Shapiro because of his surname -- sounds too similar to Ben, the manlet king.

Blue hoLYSHITWHATTHEFU - Representatives from New York by District, c. 2025

1. Kara Hahn
2. Jackie Gordon
3. Melanie D'Arrigo
4. Kathleen Rice
5. Frankie Lozada
6. Jaslin Kaur
7. Julia Salazar
8. Hakeem Jeffries
9. Alexa Avilés
10. Ashmi Sheth
11. Brittany Ramos DeBarros