• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

i’m willing to bet kamala was, just like for biden, bernie’s first choice because of course she was.

she’s a minority female lawmaker in The Democratic State, who was relatively inoffensive to both wings of the party at the time, and who was willing enough to be molded by either, i’d say she was the “ideal” vp for all white male candidates in the race.

bernie would’ve had to placate the dnc at some point so a bernie/lee or whatever ticket probably just isn’t happening. a bernie/lisa blount rochester ticket would be funny though

Crazy how you knew my go-to ticket. Maybe if he got the nomination in 2016 and Kamala still didn't have enough clout to get the nod
bernie picks some random like gwen moore

honestly my first pick for Bernie is always Stacey Abrams for many of the reasons Biaggi listed for Kamala. a younger black woman from a crucial swing state who is relatively inoffensive to both factions of the party and could be swayed to support the initiatives of either. something i think people don't look at when thinking about Bernie's potential running mates is that Abrams brings along her impressive political machine to whatever ticket she's apart of, ecspecially if she's motivated by her position on the ticket

the god tier underused picks are always fmr. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman tho

Last edited:
Next time anyone does a Bernie 2016/20 list, make the Klob VP
She should be the first choice for 2016 for anyone not named HRC/Biden, as she just ticks so many boxes, and is all around a better version of Tim Kaine.
i’m willing to bet kamala was, just like for biden, bernie’s first choice because of course she was.

she’s a minority female lawmaker in The Democratic State, who was relatively inoffensive to both wings of the party at the time, and who was willing enough to be molded by either, i’d say she was the “ideal” vp for all white male candidates in the race.

bernie would’ve had to placate the dnc at some point so a bernie/lee or whatever ticket probably just isn’t happening. a bernie/lisa blount rochester ticket would be funny though
Yeah, I’m willing to die on this hill honestly. Bernie would need someone acceptable to the establishment, and Kamala is post-2016, so she can appear more neutral, also that whole “that girl was me” thing, plus Democrats don’t nominate non-Senators for VP, they just don’t.
I suspect a Bernie16 ticket might have gone with someone like Ruben Gallego tbh
Lord Caedus did that in one of his wikiboxes, but after taking the nomination from the first female president, he’d need to nominate a woman.
honestly my first pick for Bernie is always Stacey Abrams for many of the reasons Biaggi listed for Kamala. a younger black woman from a crucial swing state who is relatively inoffensive to both factions of the party and could be swayed to support the initiatives of either. something i think people don't look at when thinking about Bernie's potential running mates is that Abrams brings along her impressive political machine to whatever ticket she's apart of, ecspecially if she's motivated by her position on the ticket

the god tier underused picks are always fmr. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman tho
I like Abrams, but she won’t get on the ticket if she can’t even get elected Governor, though she’s obviously a better pick than Kamala.

Hilda Solis is a cool choice, but perhaps a bit too close to the Obama administration? Coleman is phresh.

Lord Caedus did that in one of his wikiboxes, but after taking the nomination from the first female president, he’d need to nominate a woman.
That’s fair.
She should be the first choice for 2016 for anyone not named HRC/Biden, as she just ticks so many boxes, and is all around a better version of Tim Kaine.
For Veep or president? Honestly I’d be inclined to say both. A Bernie v Klob race in 2016 would be more interesting, to say the least.

I like Abrams, but she won’t get on the ticket if she can’t even get elected Governor, though she’s obviously a better pick than Kamala

i would argue the very existence of Pete Buttigieg's candidacy would counteract this, Abrams was Minority Leader of the Georgia House and missed a crucial gubernatorial race by like 0.3% in 2018 in a race most Democrats agree was largely due to voter suppression. Pete was literally the mayor of Dogshit, Nowhere and was almost Biden's VP pick and he ended up getting to be Transportation Secretary.

Hilda Solis is a cool choice, but perhaps a bit too close to the Obama administration? Coleman is phresh

Solis being too close to the Obama Administration is exactly why she's a solid choice; She's a well liked Latina woman who could help appeal to traditional organized labor and shore up Bernie's issues with the DNC at the same time. most voters wouldn't give that much of a shit that Solis was around for the Obama Administration, but the DNCheads certainly would.

i would argue the very existence of Pete Buttigieg's candidacy would counteract this, Abrams was Minority Leader of the Georgia House and missed a crucial gubernatorial race by like 0.3% in 2018 in a race most Democrats agree was largely due to voter suppression. Pete was literally the mayor of Dogshit, Nowhere and was almost Biden's VP pick and he ended up getting to be Transportation Secretary.
Yes, but Pete is a white cis gay man, which is like the most acceptable minority. Just ask yourself how many gay men have been elected as PM/President in the West, and how many (women) of color.

Just ask yourself how many gay men have been elected as PM/President in the West, and how many (women) of color.

i get what ur saying, but the Democratic Party has a much different constituency then most Western centre-left parties; Democrats aren't pandering when they say black women make Democratic victories possible. while many other Western parties (Labour in the UK ecspecially) have sizable minority voter bases, the Democratic Party is made or broken by how well it does with Hispanic and Black voters. even Biden understood this calculous and Bernie both understands this and would have an ideological motivation to select a more progressive black woman as his running mate.

i honestly think that "most acceptable minority" is a secondary factor when considering how to win when ur party depends on the votes of other supposedly "less acceptable" minority groups.

My pick is still Barbara Lee.

i had Lee as Bernie's running mate in Green New Deal Days bc she is the best ideological/personal fit for Bernie ... however, Biaggi is absolutely right when he says that Lee would never be acceptable to the Democratic Party and fundamentally, Bernie has to play ball at least a lil if he wants the nomination. no way around it.

i get what ur saying, but the Democratic Party has a much different constituency then most Western centre-left parties; Democrats aren't pandering when they say black women make Democratic victories possible. while many other Western parties (Labour in the UK ecspecially) have sizable minority voter bases, the Democratic Party is made or broken by how well it does with Hispanic and Black voters. even Biden understood this calculous and Bernie both understands this and would have an ideological motivation to select a more progressive black woman as his running mate.

i honestly think that "most acceptable minority" is a secondary factor when considering how to win when ur party depends on the votes of other supposedly "less acceptable" minority groups.
That’s certainly true, but the DNC would try to push Bernie towards trying to appeal to white moderates, though ‘the most acceptable minority’ argument isn’t as strong as I initially thought.

Back