• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

Tugendhat has apparently expressed his interest, which I'd be keen for. He seems like a not-horrible candidate out of the lot.
But because I crave violence: Priti Patel.

we could get the incredibly funny (and perhaps ideal in the long run) scenario of Patel getting it, defeating Starmer with a Tory Minority government and then getting clowned on by someone like Clive Lewis or Rebecca Long-Bailey a few years from now

Tugendhat has apparently expressed his interest, which I'd be keen for. He seems like a not-horrible candidate out of the lot.
But because I crave violence: Priti Patel.
Fun fact; Tugendhat’s constituency is where the school I go to is located.

and that’s the closest anyone on this site and the Other Place is coming to figuring out my irl identity

Rebecca Long-Bailey
I dislike her if only because of foreign policy but other than that she’d be alright, I suppose.

beyond that I’d like it if Starmer won, then 7 years down the line she wins the leadership contest. That way the 12+ years of Tory damage can end ASAP.

we could get the incredibly funny (and perhaps ideal in the long run) scenario of Patel getting it, defeating Starmer with a Tory Minority government and then getting clowned on by someone like Clive Lewis or Rebecca Long-Bailey a few years from now
Clive Lewis as PM would be tops, in my opinion. He got stomped in the leadership elections so unjustly.

who y'all got as the draft pick for his replacement? im putting money on Penny Mourdaunt
Ben Wallace. Faceless, generic, good on Ukraine (expect that to come up a lot) and very popular with the membership. Prepare for the most boring british election in history between three cishet white men of whom the most interesting is fucking miraculously Ed Davey

Ben Wallace. Faceless, generic, good on Ukraine (expect that to come up a lot) and very popular with the membership. Prepare for the most boring british election in history between three cishet white men of whom the most interesting is fucking miraculously Ed Davey
Much of that has to do with Ed Davey’s rags to riches story combined with him just seeming like a relatively nice guy and ability to move with them times (once upon he was an Orange Booker now he be promoting UBI etc.), no he ain’t the most charismatic but he has the energy of that one accountant friend of your Dad who loves gardening and has weird life stories.

TL idea: Jim Jones falls in with the U.S. Labor Party/LaRouche movement and they manoeuvre shit to get him elected before he has the idea for Jonestown.
I don’t think their brands of crazy are particularly compatible - LaRouche had a pretty strong anti-hippie streak going back to his earliest days as a political leader.

Ideas for "Hello From The Gutters" TL if I ever get around to it
  • the 1971 The Hawthorne Shootout that was supposed to spring Charles Manson from jail somehow succeeds
  • the investigations into the Son of Sam and the Church of the Final Judgement heats up
  • Ted Kaczynski sends a nail-bomb to Governor Reagan and starts an anarcho-primitivist terrorist cell
  • Jim Jones falls in with the LaRouche Movement and takes it over from the inside
  • Aum Shinrikyo carries out Zero Day and assassinate Vice President Gore while he's visiting Japan for a climate change conference
  • the Satanic Panic never ends and the West Memphis 3 actually get lynched before their trial
  • Ted Bundy gets picked as Bush's VP only for it to come out he killed a bunch of people
  • something with Bo Gritz?
  • Rajneeshpuram but somehow even worse
  • the bombs that were supposed to go off during the Columbine Massacre do go off
  • Tim McVeigh highjacks a plane and does 9/11 before 9/11 (it was one of his original ideas, iirc)

Back