• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

Ngl “D. Chead” is the weakest left wing own since calling Keir Starmer Keith for no real reason. What the fuck is a chead? Is it slang I’ve never heard of?

D.C ... heads ....

D.Cheads

do u think im doing this to own them? do u believe i am under the impression that the creatures of Washington are even remotely offended that i am calling them D.C heads ?

D.C ... heads ....

D.Cheads

do u think im doing this to own them? do u believe i am under the impression that the creatures of Washington are even remotely offended that i am calling them D.C heads ?
I have reached the internet nirvana of putting together that everything said online is an own that will never be read by those who are supposed to be owned

I have reached the internet nirvana of putting together that everything said online is an own that will never be read by those who are supposed to be owned

i remember wanting to own people so bad when i was younger. like a ratio was the one thing that could satisfy the deep feeling of powerlessness and insignificance i felt at any moment, the knowledge that i could own everyone from a press secretary to a head of state. but that sucked. it sucks. im not trying to own anyone anymore, im simply saying the first thing that comes to my mind and hope that i at least find it funny.

i remember wanting to own people so bad when i was younger. like a ratio was the one thing that could satisfy the deep feeling of powerlessness and insignificance i felt at any moment, the knowledge that i could own everyone from a press secretary to a head of state. but that sucked. it sucks. im not trying to own anyone anymore, im simply saying the first thing that comes to my mind and hope that i at least find it funny.
It does suck! That’s why I have a strict policy to keep my internet interactions to at least 80% people I like, and make jokes around those I don’t rather than trying to skewer them. In the end, you will have done the ultimate own — the owning of your own mental demons

1993-1997: Ross Perot/James Stockdale (Independent)
1992: Ross Perot/James Stockdale (Independent) def. Bill Clinton/Al Gore (Democratic), George Bush/Dan Quayle (Republican)
1997-1999: Jesse Jackson/Jerry Brown (Democratic)
1996: Jesse Jackson/Jerry Brown (Democratic) def. Ross Perot/Dick Lamm (Reform), Pete Wilson/Pat Buchanan (Republican)
1999-2001: Jerry Brown/Ralph Nader (Democratic, then Independent)
2001-2005: Colin Powell/Bob Smith (Independent)
2000: Colin Powell/Bob Smith (Independent endorsed by Republicans) def. Jerry Brown/Ralph Nader (Reform and Progress!), Dick Gephardt/Harvey Gantt (Democratic)
2005-2009: Colin Powell/John McCain (Democratic-Republican)
2004: Colin Powell/John McCain (Independent endorsed by Democrats and Republicans) def. Norman Lear/Matt Gonzalez (Reform)
2009-2013: John McCain/Joe Lieberman (Democratic-Republican)
2008: John McCain/Joe Lieberman (Independent endorsed by Democrats and Republicans) def. Paul Wellstone/Buddy Roemer (Reform)
2013-2021: Donald Trump/Barack Obama (Reform)
2012: Donald Trump/Barack Obama (Reform) def. John McCain/Joe Lieberman (Democratic-Republican)
2016: Donald Trump/Barack Obama (Reform) def. Hillary Clinton/Leon Panetta (Democratic-Republican)
2021-prsnt: Barack Obama/Andrew Yang (Reform)
2020: Barack Obama/Andrew Yang (Reform) def. Michael Bloomberg/Mitt Romney (Democratic-Republican)

2000.png

Made a wikibox based on this list by @Excelsior as practice

Curious to know what states went to which candidate to get these electoral numbers. I had envisioned a more close run thing in the popular vote, roughly 40-30-30 Powell-Brown-Gephardt, but a Powell electoral landlside.
Really? I assumed Powell would soak up the Republicans + the Clinton centrists + anyone who doesn't like Moonbeam, making the Gerphart campaign kinda redundant.

Really? I assumed Powell would soak up the Republicans + the Clinton centrists + anyone who doesn't like Moonbeam, making the Gerphart campaign kinda redundant.
Despite being the incumbent president, Jerry Brown is really the third party candidate since he lost the backing of the Democratic Party and base, his support comes from the broad tent he forms with the abandoned Jacksonites, the progressive left, Perotists, greens, and general anti-duopoly malcontents. Speaker Gephardt is the figurehead of anti-Jerry Democrats and holds on to the base of the party which is probably 25-30% of the electorate.

Despite being the incumbent president, Jerry Brown is really the third party candidate since he lost the backing of the Democratic Party and base, his support comes from the broad tent he forms with the abandoned Jacksonites, the progressive left, Perotists, greens, and general anti-duopoly malcontents. Speaker Gephardt is the figurehead of anti-Jerry Democrats and holds on to the base of the party which is probably 25-30% of the electorate.
Here, spruced it up a bit with a better balance + didn't notice I got Gerphart's home state wrong.

2000.png

it's a direct quote from the South African politics thread by an Afrikaner politician's tweet responding to, for some reason, Keir Starmer being mealy-mouthed about trans people

Mike Waters isn't an Afrikaner. He was actually born in the UK.

Also, not sure that it's relevant, but he's also openly gay.

Back