• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

sanders_paul.jpg.jpg

The Revolution

2009-2010: Ron Paul (Republican)
(with Tim Pawlenty)
defeated Hillary Clinton/John Edwards (Democratic)
2010-2011: Ron Paul (Independent)
(with Tim Pawlenty
, then vacant)
2011-2013:
Ron Paul ("We The People" Coalition)
(with Mike Gravel)
2013-2017: Mitt Romney
(with Rob Portman)
defeated Brian Schweitzer/Kathleen Sebelius, Mike Gravel/Jesse Johnson
2017-20??: Bernie Sanders
(with Raúl Grijalva)
defeated Mitt Romney/Rob Portman, Tom Perez/Steve Bullock
Wow I hate this :p

@Blackentheborg off topic, but i just remembered that line from Will The Last One Out Please Turn Out The Lights where Belden is dying fighting in the Buttermilks and wants to make a last stand in Independence and then goes "Please don't let me die in fucking pancake town". that line still gets me years later

The sailors, with their best suits pressed for the occasion, saluted. Prime Minister Lange didn't even glance. He was on a warpath.

For a short, portly man known for his boyish grin and youthful audacity, the Prime Minister seemed today to have been drained of all light heartedness as he stomped forward, up the railing and passed the lineup of very respectable looking French naval officers. The ambassador, who'd invited him on this ship, tried grinning, but whatever charm the frenchman had bounced off Lange like teflon. He didn't extend his hand to enter into a handshake either - a faux pas at any other time, but not today.

"Mister Prime Minister, bon après-midi," the Ambassador radiated, "I am hoping your flight here was--"

"Enough with this," the Prime Minister cut in, "my flight was rickety and claustrophobic, but that's besides the point, I'm not here to discuss travel." he stuck out a stubby finger and prodded the Ambassadors chest in way that broadcast he clearly didn't respect the two armed security guards to his immediate side.

"What your country has done to mine, Mister Ambassador," he continued, unrepentant, "is state-sponsored terrorism. French agents with Swiss Passports planting bombs in a civilian harbour. Arson, conspiracy, wilful damage, and murder, all in peacetime. We have your men and your government dead to rights."

The Ambassador couldn't stop smiling. He felt if he did it'd give the impression that this very angry man in front of him was justified. Of course, he was, but that's how international politics worked. So he kept his grin wide, even if his eyes flashed a noticeable queasiness. The Prime Minister, furious this man wouldn't stop smiling, continued;

"I'm not going to entertain the idea that this can be resolved with a cuppa tea and a lie down, so I want you to go back to your President well acquainted with the look on my face when I tell you we will be taking every step necessary not only to respond to this attack on our country, but to your illegal galavanting in the pacific. You tell him that we're not a backwards set of islands armed with stones and pointy sticks. He'll find out soon enough exactly what Aotearoa can do."

The Prime Minister straightened, "Au revoir, Mister Ambassador", and stomped back down the railing, past the nicely dressed Naval officers, again, not looking. As he watched the little man toddle off, the Ambassador finally let his false smile wobble back into its natural shape.

This was bad.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.46.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Flexing my thinkin' muscle for the wikibox thing @aaa is doing. The theme is "The Archive"
I hate to break it to you, but "The Archive" isn't the theme. It's just the header for an archive section where I'll be archiving past rounds of the contest and listing winners. Apologies if that wasn't clear—the first round will be up soon, in a separate thread!

Slightly updated:

Vice President: Representative Barbara Lee of California
SecState: Director of National Security Action Heather Hurlburt of D.C.
SecTres: Senator Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts
SecDef: fmr. Vice Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force Larry O. Spencer of Pennsylvania
AttyGen: fmr. Acting Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Vanita Gupta of D.C.
SecInt: Representative Deb Haaland of New Mexico
SecAgr: Founder of the National Black Farmers Association John Boyd Jr. of Virginia
SecCom: fmr. Chief Economist for the Senate Budget Committee Stephanie Kelton of New York
SecLab: fmr. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Policy Rajesh Nayak of D.C.
SecHHS: Executive Director of the CNA/NNOC Bonnie Castillo of California
SecHUD: President and CEO of the National Low Income Housing Coalition Diane Yentel of D.C.
SecTrans: fmr. commissioner of the NYC Department of Transportation Janette Sadik-Khan of New York
SecEngy: Coordinating lead author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Daniel Kammen of California
SecEdc: fmr. NJ Secretary of Higher Education Zakiya Smith Ellis of New Jersey
SecVet: Representative Mark Takano of California
SecHom: Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon

EPA: fmr. Regional Administrator of the EPA Heather McTeer Toney of Mississippi
U.N: fmr. Mayor of South Bend Pete Buttegieg of Indiana
Trade Representative: fmr. Chief Consuel of Chinese Trade Enforcement Katherine Tai of Connecticut
SBA: fmr. Senior Advisor for the National Economic Council Sameera Fazili of Georgia
CFPB: fmr. Senior Counsel for Enforcement Strategy Deepak Gupta of D.C.
FBI: Professor of Econ & Law for UMKC William Black of Missouri

Chief of Staff: Campaign Manager for Bernie Sanders 2020 and political Director of the American Civil Liberties Union Faiz Shakir of Florida
National Security Advisor: fmr. Assistant Secretary of State for Non-Proliferation Thomas Countryman of D.C

Last edited:
Back