• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
[british list where an extremely boring politician gets elected PM as a member of the “Centre Party”]
commenter: “holy shit *googles can you spontaneously combust from being too phresh*”

[american list where some random mayor gets elected President for the "Racism Party"]
commenter: "holy shit this is the most abhorrent dystopia ever concieved by modern man"

[Alternate History list where a slightly left wing celebrity is elected prez as a communist or some shit ]
Commenter: I just hit the ground, boy have I arrived
Tell the dinosaurs, they just won't survive
So I fell, and you just laughed
You think that I can't stand
To see me trip this way
You think I'm second hand
I have seen it all, she's the only one
She belongs to me, I'm the lonely one
Counting sheep and swatting flies
You think there's no more left
Talk is cheap, how many lies
Sustain a single breath?
Adam chance and zorro
Take them with a pinch of salt
Sad about tomorrow
Sorry, but it's not my fault
While they were shooting at the moon
Somebody croaked and no-one heard
What's a sin or two in the history of the world
Some one said to me "Why d'you play so loud?"
What do you want from me?
You corrupt the crowd
Miles of print you'd think we'd thought of
Nothing else
There's more important things than ink and
Decibels
Leave it to tomorrow
Corporal Clott and stalingrad
They're the ones to follow
They're the ones, that make me glad
No-one alive and no-one left
Nobody cares or ain't you heard
Looks like I'll take my dying breath
In the history of the world

[american list where some random mayor gets elected President for the "Racism Party"]
commenter: "holy shit this is the most abhorrent dystopia ever concieved by modern man"
our amerifat brains can simply not understand the poetic overreactions of british commentators this is inaccurate

we would simply say “nice list @theev”

our amerifat brains can simply not understand the poetic overreactions of british commentators this is inaccurate

we would simply say “nice list @theev”
it’s the meme about how in high school you smoke weed with your friends but in your 20s you smoke weed to motivate yourself to write an email but its

2017 theev: sorry everyone for putting george lincoln rockwell in the list but I had to make it scary

2022 theev: i spent three hours reading about south african neo nazis so i could add flavor text to a list where among other things the guy from the “politician shoots himself at press conference” liveleak video becomes president

schumacher and the SPD win in 1949, after originally being accepted by the us, they continue pissing each other off and the us goes all military

1949-1951: Kurt Schumacher (SPD)
1949 def. Konrad Adenauer (CDU/CSU), Franz Blücher (FDP), Joseph Baumgartner (BP), Heinrich Hellwege (DP), Max Reimann (KPD), various others
1950: SPD refuses to join Council of Europe
1950: Kurt Schumacher declares NATO to be “arm of capitalist forces”, refuses to join, spurring international response
1951: The paramilitary group Schnez-Truppe begins utilizing violence against West German officials, culminating in the July 10 coup, backed by the United States to secure West German backing for NATO

1951-1970: Albert Schnez (Military)
1951: Arrests of former SPD and KPD members of parliament begin, much of Schumacher’s cabinet either “disappears” or are arrested
1952: In order to win backing of Bavarian conservatives, many of whom stand opposed to military regime led by Schnez, the Schnez government reinstates the Bavarian monarchy as a “government-within-a-government”. Many later attribute this to the closeness between Schnez and Josef Strauß
1955: As a show of goodwill (and hoping to avoid international criticism) the Schnez government becomes one of Israel’s biggest financial backers.
1965: The United States begins intervention in Vietnam, Schnez administration forms “Vietnam Legion” to back USA
1965: Rhodesia declares independence from the United Kingdom, as the Rhodesian government contains many former German residents, West Germany becomes one of their biggest backers
1967-1968: Far left antagonists, attempting to reckon with Germany’s Nazi past, begin rebelling against West Germany’s military government. Despite heavy crackdowns, protests remain strong, and the military government shows cracks
1969: After president Robert Kennedy begins to shift support to Biafra in the Nigerian Civil War and support for Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland conflict, the US begins split with UK. West Germany finds itself allying with UK in “New Entente”, which is formed between Portugal, Spain, West Germany, South Africa, the UK, Israel, Rhodesia, and Thailand
1969: The USA begins backing New Left rebels within West Germany, who, with newfound strength begin to tear up West Germany and create fears of Civil War
1970: “Rainbow Revolution”; a group of young servicemen led by Gert Bastian, overthrow the military government and establish “National Union Junta” with promises of elections to be held by 1972. Leaders of the Schnez government flee, mostly to Rhodesia

1970-1972: Gert Bastian (National Union Junta)
1971: Trials of remaining Schnez government leaders begin
1971: Junta relieves Bavarian monarchy of any and all power

1972-1977: Egon Franke (SPD)
1972 def. [coalition formed with ‘68 Generation] collective leadership (‘68 Generation), Werner Maihofer (Centre), Josef Strauß (BP), Werner Dollinger (FVP)
1973: West Germany leaves New Entene

1977-1991: Gert Bastian (‘68 Generation/Peace Union)
1977 def. Egon Franke (SPD), Werner Maihofer (Centre), Jürgen Warnke (FVP)
1978: West Germany ends use of nuclear power, becomes one of the first countries to subsidize solar power
1979: West Germany leaves NATO, becomes closer with France and president Michel Jobert
1981: West Germany becomes one of the first countries to begin “relaxation” of sodomy laws, Bavaria goes apeshit
1982 def. Heinz-Werner Meyer (SPD), Martin Bangemann (Centre), Friedrich Zimmermann (BP), Jürgen Warnke (FVP)
1987 def. Hans Berger (SPD), Martin Bangemann (Alliance), Friedrich Zimmermann (BP)
1991: Bastian administration investigated for “moral corruption” caused by pedophiles within ‘68 Generation/Peace Party. Bastian dies after investigation begins in murder-suicide involving him and wife Petra Kelly. Scandal and murder leads to destruction of ‘68 Generation/Peace Party. Later investigations also find party to be full of Statsi informants

1991-1992: Joschka Fischer (‘68 Generation/Peace into Independent)
1992-????: Hans Berger (SPD)
1992 def. Alfred Degger (Alliance), Friedrich Zimmermann (BP), Brigitte Heinrich (Left)

1952: In order to win backing of Bavarian conservatives, many of whom stand opposed to military regime led by Schnez, the Schnez government reinstates the Bavarian monarchy as a “government-within-a-government”. Many later attribute this to the closeness between Schnez and Josef Strauß
Were the CSU in the 40's and 50's super duper behind Bavarian Monarchism to the point of being cool with a dictatorship in the nation that has had one of the worst dictatorships in human history about 9 years previously?

Were the CSU in the 40's and 50's super duper behind Bavarian Monarchism to the point of being cool with a dictatorship in the nation that has had one of the worst dictatorships in human history about 9 years previously?
yeah probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back