• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good and bad here. The good is that unions are now in more power. The bad is that it's the coal unions so environmentalism might have a rougher time, we shall see. Also love how somehow Dick Lamm and Don Blankenship are involved, incredible crossover.

Well good and bad here. The good is that unions are now in more power. The bad is that it's the coal unions so environmentalism might have a rougher time, we shall see. Also love how somehow Dick Lamm and Don Blankenship are involved, incredible crossover.
working on a dick lamm ecofascist arc as we speak

Untitledsave.png
American Scargill hours

Oh boy that should be fun. Knowing you, it will be a third party that spread to other states but also loses to Hunter S Thompson's Freak Power party.
why use a third party?
2021-05-12-13-03-en.wikipedia.org.png

EDIT: changed the map to more properly reflect my idea for the box, which was lamm getting destroyed in coal country for his strike busting + environmentalism. i flipped a few more western counties to him and kept the margin. lets just say he wins a few more votes where it counts here (denver area)​

Last edited:
why use a third party?
View attachment 38094

EDIT: changed the map to more properly reflect my idea for the box, which was lamm getting destroyed in coal country for his strike busting + environmentalism. i flipped a few more western counties to him and kept the margin. lets just say he wins a few more votes where it counts here (denver area)​
So is environmentalism a bit more bi-partisan ITTL?

Everyone I Know Voted For McGovern - How The Old Right's Split Gave George McGovern the 1972 Election

1972 Election:
genusmap (34).png
George Stanley McGovern/Gaylord Anton Nelson (Democratic) - 285 EVs, 46.94%

Richard Milhous Nixon/Spiro Theodore "Ted' Agnew (Republican) - 221 EVs, 46.42%
George Wallace/John Bell Williams (National/Alabama-Mississippi Democratic) - 32 EVs, 3.45%
John G. Schmitz/John Ashbrook (American) - 0 EVs, 2.21%

1972 Senate Elections:
AL: Melba Allen (D) def. Winton Blount (R), James LeFlore (ND) - D Hold
AK: Ted Stevens (R) def. Gene Guess (D) - R Hold
AR: Orval Faubus (D*) def. Wayne Babbit (R), A Liberal (I[D]) - D Hold
CO: Gordon Allot (R) def. Wayne Haskell (D) - R Hold
DE: Joe Biden (D) def. J. Caleb Boggs (R) - D Gain from R
GA-R: Fletcher Thompson (R) def. Sam Nunn (D*), Hosea Williams (I[D]) - R Gain from D
ID: William E. Davis (D) def. James McClure (R) - D Gain from R
IL: Charles Percy (R) def. Roman Pucinski (D) - R Hold
Iowa: Dick Clark (D) def. Jack Miller (R) - D Gain from R
KS: James B. Pearson (R) def. Arch Telzaff (D), Gene Miller (C/AIP) - R Hold
KY: Louie Nunn (R) def. Walter Huddleson (D) - R Hold
LA: John McKeithen (I[D]*) def. J. Bennett Johnson (D), Ben Toledano (R), Hall Lyons (AIP) - I Gain from D
ME: Margret Chase Smith (R) def. William Hathaway (D) - R Hold
MA: Ed Brooke (R) def. Gerald O'Leary (D) - R Hold
MI: Frank Kelley (D) def. Robert Griffin (R) - D Gain from R
MN: Walter Mondale (D) def. Phil Hansen (R) -D Hold
MS: James Eastland (D**) def. Gil Carmichael (R), Prentiss Walker (I) - D Hold
MT: Harold E. Wallace (R) def. Lee Metcalf (D) - R Gain from D
NE: Terry Carpenter (D) def. Carl Curtis (R) - D Gain from R
NH: Thomas McIntyre (D) def. Wesley Powell (R) - D Hold
NJ: Clifford Case (R) def. PauL Krebs (D) - R Hold
NM: Jack Daniels (D) def. Pete Domenici (R) - D Hold
NC: Jesse Helms (R) def. Nick Galifianakis (D) - R Gain
OK: Ed Edmonson (D) def. Dewey F. Bartlett (R) - D Hold
OR: Mark Hatfield (R) def. Wayne Morse (D) - R Hold
RI: John Chafee (R) def. Claiborne Pell (D) - R Gain from D
SC: Red Betha (N***) def. Strom Thurmond (R), Earle Morris (D) - N Gain from R
SD: James Abourezk (D) def. Robert Hirsch (R) - D Gain from R
TN: Howard Baker (R) def. Roy Blanton (D) - R Hold
TX: Barefoot Sanders (D) def. John Tower (R) - D Gain from R
VT: Robert Stafford (R) def. Randolph T. Major (D), Bernie Sanders (LU) - R Hold
VA: William B. Spong (D) def. William L. Scott (R) - D Hold

Senate Totals:
Democratic: 54 +3 = 57
Republican: 44 -5 = 39
Independent: 1 +1 = 2
National: 0 +1 = 1
Conservative (N.Y.) 1 +0 = 1

*Asterisk denotes Democrat/Independent endorsed by Wallace/National Party
**While Wallace originally planned to endorse Prentiss Walker as a "Wallace Independent", hoping to scare Eastland into endorsing him, John Bell Williams' loyalty to Eastland and the Mississippi Democratic Party's prompt endorsement of the Wallace/Williams ticket led to him backing Eastland, although with some reservations. Walker still receives a higher total than OTL, as many National Party voters simply reject both the Republicans and Democrats entirely.
***Red Betha, the 1970 American Independent Party candidate for governor, was chosen by the National Party in the hopes of making his re-election more stressful after Thurmond refused to endorse Wallace in 1968 and 1972. Betha, with Wallace's endorsement, improved massively over his 1970 total, and, as Thurmond's segregationist cred fell apart due to the revelation of his black daughter, along with the Democrats picking a more competitive candidate, Betha managed to pull off a bare-bones victory with 35% of the vote.

1973 Elections:
Senate:
ME-S: Robert A.G. Monks (R) def. George Mitchell (D) - R Gain from D
SD-S: Bill Dougherty (D) def. Frank Henderson (R) - D Hold
WI-S: Douglas LaFollette (D) def. William Dyke (R) - D Hold

Senate Totals:
Democratic 57 -1 = 56
Republican: 39 +1 = 40
Independent: 2 +0 = 2
National: 1 +0 = 1
Conservative (N.Y.) 1 +0 = 1

During the year of 2008, a sensational bout of weirdness entered the atmosphere, propelled by Obama's Indiana victory, that was pushed by two musical acts, Viper and Bull of Heaven. Viper had originally started out semi-serious, releasing albums about picking up "cutie pies" and producing a underground album from a woman who's pussy he wanted, but in 2008 released You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack. 5 years later, YCDESC was found on the internet and then routinely memed, as Viper, despite being the original cloud rap musician (as far as we know), had low production quality and even worse graphics. Viper, however, took this in stride, releasing about 400 albums in a single year, most of which were blatant copies of themselves named shit like "Cops Can't Read". Bull of Heaven on the other hand, also started out serious, but even as they devolved into a shitty meme band for having albums that were 4789088780282933.9999^34 years long, just seemed to take themselves more and more seriously, or at least as seriously as a drone band can take itself. This divide is very interesting and it begs the question, what if they formed a drone-rap band....

During the year of 2008, a sensational bout of weirdness entered the atmosphere, propelled by Obama's Indiana victory, that was pushed by two musical acts, Viper and Bull of Heaven. Viper had originally started out semi-serious, releasing albums about picking up "cutie pies" and producing a underground album from a woman who's pussy he wanted, but in 2008 released You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack. 5 years later, YCDESC was found on the internet and then routinely memed, as Viper, despite being the original cloud rap musician (as far as we know), had low production quality and even worse graphics. Viper, however, took this in stride, releasing about 400 albums in a single year, most of which were blatant copies of themselves named shit like "Cops Can't Read". Bull of Heaven on the other hand, also started out serious, but even as they devolved into a shitty meme band for having albums that were 4789088780282933.9999^34 years long, just seemed to take themselves more and more seriously, or at least as seriously as a drone band can take itself. This divide is very interesting and it begs the question, what if they formed a drone-rap band....
I honestly thought Viper was that guy who improvises dance routines to popular songs in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back