• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

ASB Scenario- All Islands ISOTed to a 'Virgin Earth'

SinghSong

Pronouns
he/him
In this scenario, in the present day, an ASB flaps its wings, and tears the world asunder between parallel timelines from this point on. In the first of these parallel timelines, all of the world's unbroken continental landmasses (larger than and including Australia, along with all the people, wildlife and infrastructure on them), remain unchanged, but all of the world's islands (including lake and alluvial islands, and artificial islands) are instantly displaced by their counterparts from a 'virgin earth' (i.e, the same point of geological time in an ATL where humans never evolved). In the second of these, the reverse happens; with all of the world's islands (incl. lake and alluvial islands, and artificial islands, along with all the people, wildlife and infrastructure on them) remaining unchanged, but all of the world's unbroken continental landmasses being instantly displaced by their counterparts from the same 'virgin earth'.

u918psegyln61.jpg

In both worlds/timelines, every person and vehicle in the world that's flying through the air or out at sea (including marine structures, such as oil platforms) comes along as well; but the atmosphere itself, along with the waters themselves (incl. the marine biosphere) and everything beneath them (such as underwater oil and gas deposits) are those of the 'virgin earth' (effectively giving both worlds a 'clean slate' with regards to man-made climate change, pollution and overfishing).

So then, discussing the first of these scenarios (i.e, the ISOT of all the islands, with everything and everyone on them), how do you reckon it'd go? Which nation/s would be the strongest, most dominant, and least adversely afflicted by the event? And when colonial settlement of this virgin Earth's unpopulated continental landmasses does get under way, which nations do you imagine would lead the way?

Last edited:
I mean, there are a lot of islands. Is Manhattan taken? Is the Hochelaga archipelago on the St. Lawrence, which hosts Montréal and most of its conurbation, included? Is there a minimum size?

I mean, there are a lot of islands. Is Manhattan taken? Is the Hochelaga archipelago on the St. Lawrence, which hosts Montréal and most of its conurbation, included? Is there a minimum size?
Yes they are taken; there's no minimum size, only a maximum size (i.e, only the unbroken landmasses of Afro-Eurasia, the Americas, and mainland Australia get left behind). River islands are also included, to an extent; but 'islands' surrounded by canals (i.e, the Venice Canal Historical District of Los Angeles) aren't included, and neither are artificially redirected rivers (which would include literally every area surrounded by light and/or dark blue lines on this map, and bring along at least half of India's population for the ride too):
1_NWDA_India_River_Inter-Linking_Project_Himalayan_and_Peninsular_Components.png

Back