• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

AndrewH's Test Thread

24 years out of office would probably have bad effects. It could be that the Nixon Administration oversaw the collapse of the party.
I couldn’t think of a good Republican ticket for ‘68, so I slotted Nixon in and figured that the GOP Coalition imploded during his Administration. Old Right versus the New Right versus the Liberals means everything goes pear-shaped.

just learned that Peter Thiel was born in Germany which mucks up some plans I had - anybody know of any Americans similar to him politically and from that same tech background?

just learned that Peter Thiel was born in Germany which mucks up some plans I had - anybody know of any Americans similar to him politically and from that same tech background?
Andrew Yang, honestly all TechBros are roughly the same sort of Toxic Libertarian. You can make anyone the right one with a few pokes.

Techbro who wants to kill poor people.
I mean he’s a conservative by our standards but I’m using Peter Thiel as a reference, so someone openly conservative, donates to Republican causes and unabashed about their political beliefs is ideal

Foster Freiss is the closest I can think of but not the same vibe

I mean he’s a conservative by our standards but I’m using Peter Thiel as a reference, so someone openly conservative, donates to Republican causes and unabashed about their political beliefs is ideal

Foster Freiss is the closest I can think of but not the same vibe
Ancient by TechBro standards, but maybe Tim Draper?

some very dumb ideas

1997 - 2011: Tony Blair (Labour)
defeated, 2003: Iain Duncan-Smith (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats)
2005 Euro Referendum: 52% YES - ADOPT EURO, 47% NO - STAY WITH POUND
defeated, 2008: Tim Collins (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats), Nigel Farage (Bring the Pound Back)

2011 - 2015: Hilary Benn (Labour)
defeated, 2011 (Minority with Liberal Democrat Confidence & Supply): Nigel Farage (Sterling), Tim Collins (Conservative), Jenny Willott (Liberal Democrats)
2015 - 2017: Nigel Farage (Sterling)
defeated, 2015 (Minority): Hilary Benn (Labour), David Prior (Conservative), Jenny Willott (Liberal Democrats)
2017 - 2022: Caroline Flint (Labour)
defeated, 2017 (Minority with Union Confidence & Supply): Nigel Farage (Sterling), Deborah Brewer/Chuka Umunna (Liberal-Ind. Labour Pact - For Euro!), Kit Malthouse (Conservative)
2018 Euro Referendum: 50% POUND, 49% EURO
defeated, 2018: Steve Baker (Sterling), Chuka Umunna (Ind. Labour-Liberal Pact), Kit Malthouse (Conservative)

Last edited:
some very dumb ideas

1997 - 2011: Tony Blair (Labour)
defeated, 2003: Iain Duncan-Smith (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats)
2005 Euro Referendum: 52% YES - ADOPT EURO, 47% NO - STAY WITH POUND
defeated, 2008: Tim Collins (Conservative), Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats), Nigel Farage (Union)

2011 - 2015: Hilary Benn (Labour)
defeated, 2011 (Minority with Liberal Democrat Confidence & Supply): Nigel Farage (Union), Tim Collins (Conservative), Jenny Willott (Liberal Democrats)
2015 - 2017: Nigel Farage (Union)
defeated, 2015 (Minority): Hilary Benn (Labour), David Prior (Conservative), Jenny Willott (Liberal Democrats)
2017 - 2022: Caroline Flint (Labour)
defeated, 2017 (Minority with Union Confidence & Supply): Nigel Farage (Union), Deborah Brewer/Chuka Umunna (Liberal-Ind. Labour Pact - For Euro!), Kit Malthouse (Conservative)
2018 Euro Referendum: 50% POUND, 49% EURO
defeated, 2018: Steve Baker (Union), Chuka Umunna (Ind. Labour-Liberal Pact), Kit Malthouse (Conservative)

Good list, but I have to ask

why union party and not ukip

Hey @BClick - I’m working on a project where Ralph Nader makes it into the White House, and I’m trying to work out a possible Cabinet for a Nader Administration in the early 90’s. Since I know you’re more familiar with those anti-growth, get-money-out-of-politics activist types than I am, would you mind if I ran some ideas by you over DM?

Hey @BClick - I’m working on a project where Ralph Nader makes it into the White House, and I’m trying to work out a possible Cabinet for a Nader Administration in the early 90’s. Since I know you’re more familiar with those anti-growth, get-money-out-of-politics activist types than I am, would you mind if I ran some ideas by you over DM?

Sure. Might not respond right away because I have a busy week ahead but I'll give it a shot.

screenshot-46-png.512193

President - Ralph Nader
Vice President - Luís Gutierrez
Secretary of State - Albert Carnesale
Secretary of Treasury - Joseph Stiglitz
Secretary of Defense - Carl Levin
Attorney General - Mark Green
Secretary of the Interior - David Zwick
Secretary of Agriculture - Jim Hightower
Secretary of Commerce - Richard Hatcher
Secretary of Labor - Tony Mazzochi
Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare - Paul Starr
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - Julian Bond
Secretary of Transportation - Joan Claybrook
Secretary of Energy - Amory Lovins
Chief of Staff - Gene Karpinski
Secretary of Environmental Protection - Gus Speth
Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Agency - Robert Fellmeth
Secretary of Veteran’s Affairs (created in 1994) - Lane Evans
Director of the Office of Management and Budget - Mark Steitz
Ambassador to the United Nations - Mickey Leland
United States Trade Representative - Pete Navarro

~-~

Chief Executive of the Audience Network - Bill Moyers
Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA - J. Davitt McAteer
Deputy U.S. Trade Representative - David Vlabeck
Deputy CFPA Director - Alan B. Morrison
Deputy HEW Secretary & Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (the AIDS Czar) - Sidney M. Wolfe
Deputy Chief of Staff - Lori Wallach
Assistant Secretary of Transportation (Policy) - Gene Russianoff
Special Advisor to the President on Climate Policy (the Climate Czar) - Dudley Dudley
Senior Advisors to the President - Jamie Love, Donald K. Ross, Jean Carper, Linda Chavez-Thompson
Administrator of the NHTSA - Clarence Ditlow
Council of Economic Advisors - Herman Daly, David Korten,

Last edited:
Cool, groovy, morning, fine
Tipper Gore was a friend of mine
I love a free country
The stars and stripes and an apple for mommy

1989 - 1997: Al Gore / Tom Harkin (Democratic)
1997 - 2005: Dick Cheney / Haley Barbour (Republican)
2005 - 2009: Haley Barbour / Dirk Kempthorne (Republican)
2009 - present: Tipper Gore / Donald K. Stern (Democratic)

Back