• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

jQSxoYw.png
The 2015 United Kingdom general election was held on Thursday, 7 May 2015 to elect 650 members to the House of Commons. It was the first general election at the end of a fixed-term Parliament. Local elections took place in most areas on the same day.

Polls and commentators had predicted a close result and possibly a second consecutive hung parliament that would be similar to the 2010 election. On the whole opinion polls were proven to have slightly underestimated the Labour vote with the party winning 333 seats and 34.8% of the vote share, giving them a small overall majority of 16 seats. It is the lowest vote share any majority government has won in UK electoral history.

The Conservative Party, which had governed in coalition with the Liberal Democrats since 2010, suffered their lowest share of the vote since 1832 and returned 200 MPs which was their lowest seat tally since the 2005 election. Senior Conservative MPs, notably Wales Secretary Stephen Crabb, Employment Minister Esther McVey and Veterans Minister Anna Soubry, were defeated.

The Scottish National Party, enjoying a surge in support after the 2014 referendum on Scottish independence, recorded a number of large swings from Labour and increase it's number of seats to 43 to become the third-largest party in the Commons. The Liberal Democrats, led by outgoing Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, had their worst result since their formation in 1988 and the worst vote share of the main centrist party in the UK since 1970. The party lost 38 of its 57 seats and it's vote fell to 7.7%.

UKIP came third in terms of votes with 15.4% but failed to win any seats, losing the two seats it had gained at by-elections in 2014. The Green Party won its highest-ever share of the vote with 4.9% and retained its only seat. In Northern Ireland, the Ulster Unionist Party returned to the Commons with two MPs after a five-year absence, while the Alliance Party lost its only seat despite increasing its share of the vote.

David Cameron resigned as Prime Minister on 8 May and Ed Balls was appointed by the Queen as his replacement. Cameron also announced his resignation as Leader of the Conservative Party, although he became acting leader while a successor was appointed. Nick Clegg resigned as Leader of the Liberal Democrats and was replaced by Norman Lamb after a leadership election.

The Conservative Party made 18 gains, 17 from the Liberal Democrats and 1 from Labour, while it suffered 91 losses, all of them to Labour. The Labour Party made 104 gains, including the 91 from the Conservatives, 1 from Plaid Cymru and 12 from the Liberal Democrats and suffered 29 losses with all but 1 being to the SNP.

This election was the last to be held where voters aged 16 and 17 years old could not participate, with the franchise being extended in 2016 as part of the Great Reform Acts of 2016 and 2017 that introduced widespread political reform across the United Kingdom. The 56th Parliament that was elected in the 2015 election was also the last to include the House of Lords following it's abolition in 2019 and replacement by the mostly elected Senate of the United Kingdom.

Ed Balls formed his first government on 8 and 9 May with notable appointments including Harriet Harman as Deputy Prime Minister, David Miliband as Chancellor of the Exchequer, Andy Burnham as Foreign Secretary, Ed Miliband as Home Secretary and Dan Jarvis as Defence Secretary.

the Lib Dems kept Cheltenham

Its an Ed Balls day miracle.
I really like this btw :) very well made

"He actually did it, the absolute madman."

View attachment 43137
1. How does Long get 13 electoral votes when Louisiana only has 10? Is he getting faithless electors?
2. How is Landon winning 136 electoral votes and 12 states in this scenario? Even with Long splitting the vote, he's down by 8 points from OTL against Roosevelt being down by only 6.
3. The numbers, combined with the turnout, don't add up.

1. How does Long get 13 electoral votes when Louisiana only has 10? Is he getting faithless electors?
2. How is Landon winning 136 electoral votes and 12 states in this scenario? Even with Long splitting the vote, he's down by 8 points from OTL against Roosevelt being down by only 6.
3. The numbers, combined with the turnout, don't add up.

Looks like a pretty direct transplant of 1924's results to 1936.

Why not repost my crap here lol?

POD is Milo moved to US in the 2000s and became a citizen.

What's so great about dumb old Texas?

Cruz: "I still reject Trump's values", will "do best to loyally oppose" in Senate

- The Houston Chronicle, December 2016

Trumpcare dies in Senate; Cruz vote against decisive
- Politico, June 2017

In interview, Cruz says Trump wall proposal "crazy", "unrealistic", will "say no to" any funding bill in Senate
- The New York Times, September 2017

Milo Yiannopoulos, British-born alt-right darling and Texas resident: "I'm running for Texas Senate"; calls Cruz "traitor" to Republican Party
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 15, 2017

Land Commissioner George P. Bush running for Texas Senate as "mainstream Republican voice" against Cruz, Yiannopoulos
- The Houston Chronicle, November 23, 2017

GOP Senate primary results: Cruz 33.4%, Yiannopoulos 28.7%, Bush 22.5%; others total c. 15%. Runoff between Cruz, Yiannopoulos to be held on May 22.
- El Paso Times, March 7, 2018

Beto O'Rourke easily wins Dem primary, claims "madhouse" of Republican candidates unfit for office
- Corpus Christi Caller-Times, March 7, 2018

George P. Bush endorses Milo for runoff, says Cruz "impossible to work with" according to Senate colleagues
- The Houston Chronicle, April 2018

In tight vote, alt-right firebrand Yiannopoulos wins Texas Senate primary runoff
- The New York Times, May 23, 2018

Alt-right loon and GOP Senator wannabe Milo: "I was sexually abused as a child", but "that can sometimes be a good thing for someone's development"
- New York Daily News, August 2018

Yiannopoulos says being gay "is a choice, which I have rejected"
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, September 2018

"Milo is still GREAT, unlike WEAK Beto!
- Trump tweet, October 2018

1630781101848.png

Why Britain why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not repost my crap here lol?

What's so great about dumb old Texas?

Cruz: "I still reject Trump's values", will "do best to loyally oppose" in Senate

- The Houston Chronicle, December 2016

Trumpcare dies in Senate; Cruz vote against decisive
- Politico, June 2017

In interview, Cruz says Trump wall proposal "crazy", "unrealistic", will "say no to" any funding bill in Senate
- The New York Times, September 2017

Milo Yiannopoulos, British-born alt-right darling and Texas resident: "I'm running for Texas Senate"; calls Cruz "traitor" to Republican Party
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 15, 2017

Land Commissioner George P. Bush running for Texas Senate as "mainstream Republican voice" against Cruz, Yiannopoulos
- The Houston Chronicle, November 23, 2017

GOP Senate primary results: Cruz 33.4%, Yiannopoulos 28.7%, Bush 22.5%; others total c. 15%. Runoff between Cruz, Yiannopoulos to be held on May 22.
- El Paso Times, March 7, 2018

Beto O'Rourke easily wins Dem primary, claims "madhouse" of Republican candidates unfit for office
- Corpus Christi Caller-Times, March 7, 2018

George P. Bush endorses Milo for runoff, says Cruz "impossible to work with" according to Senate colleagues
- The Houston Chronicle, April 2018

In tight vote, alt-right firebrand Yiannopoulos wins Texas Senate primary runoff
- The New York Times, May 23, 2018

Alt-right loon and GOP Senator wannabe Milo: "I was sexually abused as a child", but "that can sometimes be a good thing for someone's development"
- New York Daily News, August 2018

Yiannopoulos says being gay "is a choice, which I have rejected"
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, September 2018

"Milo is still GREAT, unlike WEAK Beto!
- Trump tweet, October 2018

View attachment 43255

Why Britain why.
Good God I hate this

elduche.jpeg
When the Business Plot succeeded in marching on Washington and installing a new kleptocratic cabal as the power behind the scenes, many were surprised to find a formerly close associate of the now impotent President Roosevelt waiting in the wings.

Johnson was previously part of FDR's "brain trust", his close group of personal advisors, so close in fact that Johnson, at that point the President's favoured speechwriter was appointed as head of the National Recovery Administration. By all accounts, Johnson lead the organisation into ruins; an excellent organiser, but that he was also domineering, abusive, outspoken, and unable to work harmoniously with his peers. Eventually outed by Labour Secretary Frances Perkins for his sympathies to Mussolini, he was fired just over a year into the position. Bitter, the former Brigadier General leant further into his obsession with fascism, whilst simultaneously deriding his former boss as a 'would-be dictator'. It was in this intermission that he was headhunted by what would come to be known as the American Liberty League, being a valuable asset as an administration insider. Certainly he proved to be more popular with the public than General Van Horn Moseley -- both were drunks, but one was less vocally anti-Semitic.

Back