• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History General Discussion

I’ll forgive you for not making any new mega timelines provided you release the #CaliBCut of Decades of Darkness, but with more darkness and less German parents.
I am very slowly plugging away at revising DoD. What I do with all of it remains to be seen, but one thing which is almost certain is that most of the contributions by other authors will need to be removed. Otherwise I'd need to individually get permission from each of them to use their work without royalties. Some may well give it, but in a lot of cases the background would have changed anyway, requiring further rework, and in such cases I'll probably find it easier just to delete them.

I am very slowly plugging away at revising DoD. What I do with all of it remains to be seen, but one thing which is almost certain is that most of the contributions by other authors will need to be removed. Otherwise I'd need to individually get permission from each of them to use their work without royalties. Some may well give it, but in a lot of cases the background would have changed anyway, requiring further rework, and in such cases I'll probably find it easier just to delete them.
This is what put me off having guest bits in LTTW - in the end there are only three by two authors and I managed to get permission from the former, which was lucking out on my part as he could easily have left the forum. The latter was @Mumby so that was OK (though, obviously, he insisted on it appearing with Wolof and Sylheti subtitles).

Who guested on DoD - I remember Scarecrow writing about Lovecraft, EdT writing about British politics and Anglo-Saxon revivalism, who else?

Because aviation is my current obsession, any objections to the claim that the only ways to have a jumbo jet Big Three as opposed to the OTL Big Two would be either-

-McDonnell Douglass surviving.
-Some integrated Asian firm emerging.

I want to say "have them be better skilled/luckier, and you might get a solely British firm as the third entrant", but I'll admit I'm having a hard time seeing them not getting folded into a continental giant.

Lockheed Martin and Ilyushin built widebody aircraft too.

Plutarco Bautista likes this post and would like to talk to you about being a dark horse candidate at the upcoming Unionist National Convention in Seattle.
And by having read DoD that basically means by death of the author doctrine I am now the author and will be answering any and all questions sent to Jared. 7372/69372

And by having read DoD that basically means by death of the author doctrine I am now the author and will be answering any and all questions sent to Jared. 7372/69372
I can’t wait to read the Wiki you made full of quotes about it based on the new canon.

I can’t wait to read the Wiki you made full of quotes about it based on the new canon.
I would have been able to assemble that wiki if it werent for the dastardly and rude Japhy who said my photos thread that was all about weed being good and based and not a Slaver thing was inappropriate. 9003/69372

I would have been able to assemble that wiki if it werent for the dastardly and rude Japhy who said my photos thread that was all about weed being good and based and not a Slaver thing was inappropriate. 9003/69372
I’m laughing so hard at this point there’s tears in my eyes and my kid thinks there’s something wrong with me.

During the time Greg Gagne was working at WCW,he and his father meet with Aleksandr Karelin(the most decorated amateur wrestler in history!) several times. Karelin was to be booked as a monstrous heel with a streak similar to Goldberg’s that only the all-American babyface Hulk Hogan could beat. The two would have a series of three matches at The Great American Bash, a PPV in Russia, and ending at Starrcade 97’ . Ultimately the deal fell through due to -a problem that came up a lot in WCW history - Eric Bischoff. Uncle Eric was mad that Gagne met with Karelin behind his back and fired him and Karelin decided not to get involved with professional wrestling at all. Obviously this would of changed a lot in modern wrestling history.

Last edited:
Who guested on DoD - I remember Scarecrow writing about Lovecraft, EdT writing about British politics and Anglo-Saxon revivalism, who else?
There was quite a collection over the years, particularly including the Tales posts. Dan McCollum probably contributed the single largest amount past those you've already listed, Good Habit (a contributor on shwi, not T'Other Place) did quite a few as well, and there's a bunch of others I'd need to list in detail. Some only provided sections of posts, not whole chapters.

There was quite a collection over the years, particularly including the Tales posts. Dan McCollum probably contributed the single largest amount past those you've already listed, Good Habit (a contributor on shwi, not T'Other Place) did quite a few as well, and there's a bunch of others I'd need to list in detail. Some only provided sections of posts, not whole chapters.
The solution is simple: have Disney buy your collective IP, then let them decanonize every non-Jared part of DoD. I can’t wait to see Ethan Hawke and Mario Lopez in Day of the Jackal: A Decades of Darkness Tale on Disney+!

Last edited:
rckdz4u9xrc91.png

Back