• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History General Discussion

Yeah, something on the scale of D-Day, let alone Downfall, doesn't seem likely even with the AH allowances I'm making (i.e., US almost entirely focused on Japan, with only air and episodic land involvement in Europe). What about something more low-key, like deploying the 1st Special Service Force for raiding the Kuriles and Hokkaido, and (possibly) as a means of seizing isolated spots for follow-up sea or paratroop landings?
You can always have Siberia be a bunch of white Russian warlord states in the Japanese Orbit but yeah even then it's a logistics nightmare

Quick find another thread so you forget about this one.

Given the time gap I'm thankfully drawing a blank on most of the details. Only that it was started in a objective tone of 'Could this be plausible?' and it quickly became clear that this just the prelude for the OP to begin a religious polemic.

Yeah but the thread guy was arguing for (IIRC) literally D-Day to take place there.

Well that is a bridge to far, but then again, if we look at what Churchill had toughed off, a Frisian Islands invasion in 1944 is a lesser crazy plan i have heard off, it is only crazy that that person decided to believe in it and try to defend it on AH.com.

Given the time gap I'm thankfully drawing a blank on most of the details. Only that it was started in a objective tone of 'Could this be plausible?' and it quickly became clear that this just the prelude for the OP to begin a religious polemic.

What if nuclear weapons were a Jewish conspiracy, eh?

What if nuclear weapons were a Jewish conspiracy, eh?

That guy seems to have been basically just sincerely reproducing the plot of a novel, albeit with his own adition of antisemitism.

I'd impulsively say this was weird, but actually I think a lot of people take their politics and conspiracy theories from fiction.

I'd like someone on here to review this book at some point. You or @Coiler or @SpanishSpy or someone.

Could be worse - when I was 9 I made an alternate history scenario of World War I where the British do D-Day on Bremen and engage in trench warfare there. It had all the thought put into it as you would expect from a 9 year old.

When I was 9, I was taping firecrackers to GI Joe action figures, so I think your younger self was doing fairly well.

I'd impulsively say this was weird, but actually I think a lot of people take their politics and conspiracy theories from fiction.

I'd like someone on here to review this book at some point. You or @Coiler or @SpanishSpy or someone.

I want to say thanks for posting this as I came across this novel about a dozen years ago when I came across the “nuke lies” conspiracy theories (which, IIRC, postulates nuclear weapons don’t exist and that nuclear power is utterly safe). I could never remember the title, though, and searching plot details only turned up the conspiracy theories it apparently helped inspire.

Last edited:
Quick find another thread so you forget about this one.

I want to say thanks for posting this as I came across this novel about a dozen years ago when I came across the “nuke lies” conspiracy theories (which, IIRC, postulates nuclear weapons don’t exist and that nuclear power is utterly safe).

Now I want to write a scene where a hibakusha gives one of those "nuke lies" people the Buzz Aldrin-vs-Bart Sibrel treatment.

n0tDTQv.png

Back