• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

AHC: Self-Determination Zones

Neal

By self-determination zone I’m referring to an area controlled by left-nationalist (of historically oppressed nationalities) groups that operates de facto autonomously from the central government with its own de facto government, police, social services , its own Self-Determination Forces etc. like what Rojava or the original Black Panthers’

How can these projects be more successful?

I’m aware Bosnia’s Republika Srpska is a worse result of what this might look like

Last edited:
To make them more successful, I'm thinking either

a) countries they're in surely need to be less successful at having centralised or federalised governments so they have to accept it

b) it works like the South African bantustans for some countries, "look at this autonomous zone we're giving you, in return you aren't properly our citizens, fuck off"

Possibly you could do this as an alternate outcome of colonisation of the Americas, where Native American reservations are larger and stronger though not enough to be a state of their own (i.e. the US, Canada, Argentina etc weren't strong enough to crush them for whatever reason and did this as the alternative)

Back