• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

A better way to embed large images?

SpudNutimus

I make maps and things.
Pronouns
he/him
The file size limit on this forum is, to be frank, very small. I understand that increasing the limit itself would be troublesome, but the problem is compounded by the lack of a way to effectively embed large images on the forum from image hosting sites either, leaving no real way to post very detailed graphics such as maps in the graphics threads. Using the embed media feature with a direct Imgur link in particular doesn't actually embed the media properly, instead it shows a small thumbnail surrounded by white blocks and an Imgur site header which only links to the full image externally if clicked on.

Example:

The file size limit on this forum is, to be frank, very small. I understand that increasing the limit itself would be troublesome, but the problem is compounded by the lack of a way to effectively embed large images on the forum from image hosting sites either, leaving no real way to post very detailed graphics such as maps in the graphics threads. Using the embed media feature with a direct Imgur link in particular doesn't actually embed the media properly, instead it shows a small thumbnail surrounded by white blocks and an Imgur site header which only links to the full image externally if clicked on.

Example:

Hate to break it to you, but that's a function of imgur rather than the forum.

I just used DeviantArt and did an embed image from the direct image link here, and that's 3.79MB

Back