• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. S

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

Whatever the hell this is
  2. S

There's also the the time in the early 1840s I think when a US Navy ship landed in Monterey, California, under the mistaken apprehension that the US and Mexico were already at war; word of the error made its way to the commander (I think it was Richard Stockton), upon which he meekly returned to...
  3. S

Alternate History General Discussion

I like this this phrase - is it a phrase in common use? I haven't seen it but I could immediately tell what it meant.
  4. S

Geopolitics of 'Godzilla Minus One'

I saw Godzilla Minus One in the theater in December and loved it - although being the AH nerd I am one bit perplexed me. The reason the film gives for the American occupational forces in Japan not engaging Godzilla is that the US is afraid to piss off the Soviets. Wouldn't Godzilla be the...
  5. S

Are these the Anglo-Saxons that Putin is so worried about?
  6. S

Related to my previous post in this thread: During the Spanish Civil War, there were sections of the International Brigades whose operating language, at least on occasion, was Yiddish, as there were many Jewish fighters from various countries and Yiddish was the only common language.
  7. S

Until 1938 the seal of the Belarusian SSR had part of its writing in Yiddish.
  8. S

Empire of the Winds: The Global Role of Asia's Great Archipelago by Philip Bowring.
  9. S

I read in a book that when the Portuguese ships finally got to what is now Indonesia, they were stunned to find people who could speak to them in Spanish. The latter were moriscos who had been expelled for Spain for being Muslim and had made their way to Indonesia via the Indian Ocean trade.
  10. S

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Mayor_of_Kampala This is a position that still exists.
  11. S

A German version of a Spanish song that was used as a liberal anthem in that country and later the anthem of both Spanish republics.
  12. S

The Alternate Lavender Island: Carlos Arturo Serrano

There are a number of free sites on the internet where one can learn French...
  13. S

CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN: Worlds That Could Have Been, an AH encyclopaedia

I've donated some.
  14. S

The Alternate Lavender Island: Matthew Kresal

Wonderful to see Matthew up! I hate to be a pedant but Martin Harry Greenberg's name is misspelled twice (it's Greenberg not Greenburg) Also - am I the only one that thinks the cover of that anthology is a reference to TL-191?
  15. S

AH.com

There's a 'contact' link at the bottom of the site where you can email the admins without an account.
  16. S

Help making wikiboxes and infographics

Might be worth asking in the graphics subforum.
  17. S

Bank of America was once Bank of Italy.
Back