• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. A

Roads Not Taken Exhibition in German Historical Museum, Berlin

I do not remember seeing this exhibition mentioned on here, but please forgive me if it has. The Roads Not Taken exhibition has been running in the German Historical Museum in Berlin since December 2022 and continues until November 2024. If you are going to, or near, Berlin in coming months you...
  2. A

The big idea: why we should study the history that never happened - from 'The Guardian'

Did AHers see this? Nice to read a piece coming at discussion of alternate history from a kind of academic basis, but supporting it rather than dismissing it. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/mar/20/the-big-idea-why-we-should-study-the-history-that-never-happened
  3. A

Ming Dynasty Explorers Reached Australia

Just one of those articles which prompts AH people to think about different scenarios. I did write a short story in which Conquistadors find the Aztec Empire a vassal of the Chinese state, but Australia with medieval Chinese colonists is not one I have seen explored...
  4. A

400,000 German troops surrender in Norway in 1945?

I have often read that there were 400,000 German 'service personnel' - not just soldiers, but police, technicians, etc. in Norway that surrendered in 1945. At the war's end 28,500 Norwegians were imprisoned for serving in German police or army units in their country. To me then, 428,000 armed...
Back