• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. C

If Corbyn didn't stand: Lavery, Mearns, or Trickett?

As someone who doesn’t know that much about UK politics, is there a chance for McDonnell to be the standard bearer of the left?
  2. C

Alternate History General Discussion

It’s obviously one big parody, but I do wonder what would actually happen if they’d be forcefully relegated to League Two. Guardiola, almost the entirety of his staff, and any half decent player would likely leave, but I can definitely imagine them climbing their way back up under someone like...
  3. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

What particular work of EBR is this map from?
  4. C

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

He’s a warlord that controls Philly, and nothing else.
  5. C

A very American Coup 2017 - 2021: Donald Trump / Mike Pence (Republican) 2016 def. Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine (Democrat) 2018-19 Impeachment of Donald Trump: Acquitted [over Trump-Zelensky Affair] 2021: January 6th Coup Attempt. Mike Pence among those killed during coup attempt. 2021 - 2021...
  6. C

One of the best things I’ve ever read on this site. Bra-fucking-vo!
  7. C

Hilary in 2016: how does COVID go?

Isn’t the problem though that some state legislatures will inevitably pass calls for such a convention, on the backs of the more outright crazies who don’t have any level of longterm vision, and the rest of the party being forced to go along with it when pressure from the base leads to other...
  8. C

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

The idea of a bunch of WASP kids spreading Black Power always amuses me.
  9. C

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Thank you! I actually need to finish that TL before releasing more content on it, but I wanted to do this for a while. In this format everyone is also at least somewhat biased, so it’s up to the reader to interpret what’s the truth, and who to (partially) trust on their word. Basically Turkish...
  10. C

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Views of the Turkish political parties on the Turkish civil war (as of January 1st, 2017) What are the parties’ views on the events that transpired on the night of 15-16 July 2016? Justice and Development Party (AKP): The coup of 15 July was a culmination of half a century of Gladio and...
  11. C

Nothing about being president is normal. Even those Qheads making TikTok videos about summoning JFK’s spirit by doing yoga are more normal than a person that makes a serious presidential bid.
  12. C

A normal life by running for president??
  13. C

Both can be problems though. Nobody forces her to support the pro-oil lobby candidate. She just does it to further her own interests.
  14. C

Liberals try not to have tunnel vision challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]
  15. C

This is also IMO what happened in Northern Kurdistan. Kemalist Turkey’s successful consolidation of control over the Kurdish areas by force came paired with the weakening of the clans, and introduction of a modern education system and just a general introduction of modernity to the peasantry...
  16. C

Alternate Wikibox Thread

The only real problem is that ‘plus sized angry middle-aged white woman’ is the least popular archetype of our times. Though I literally just found out she lost quite some weight, so good for her.
  17. C

There was a lot of faction-shifting around the late 20s, and a lot of it was just to stop from getting whacked by Stalin and his guys. I’m sure the SPD would be around in some capacity in a Spartacist Germany (unless they go full Noske or the KPD has their own Night of the Long Knives moment)...
  18. C

I don’t get why you’d think they’d end up social democratic in the long run? They were arguably to the left of the Bolsheviks. Circumstances in Germany weren’t the same as in Russia. A communist takeover of Germany would be much more gradual, and less violent, than what happened in Russia...
  19. C

Still believe that the Spartacists taking over Germany is one of the biggest missed opportunities for humanity.
  20. C

I mean theoretically they could win if the Allies keep fucking up, but OTL the Nazis already did way better than anyone should realistically expect in retrospective. If the French called their bluff just once, you wouldn’t have German troops anywhere near Stalingrad.
Back