• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. T

The Nearly Tales of Sport

As a longtime Edmonton Oilers follower, I am deeply wounded.
  2. T

Alternate History General Discussion

Mig25 I believe.
  3. T

The Thirty-Eighth HoS List Challenge Thread

I've got a first draft underway but it's going to be far too long by the time I finish.
  4. T

[ASB] Sea level drops by 50 metres in the early 20th century

Suez will be high and dry. Panama canal will require a whole lot more digging and is probably impractical. Most if not all existing ports are high and dry, utterly disrupting trade and immigration. How long do we wait to see if it's permanent before we react?
  5. T

A Prayer Answered: Delivered from the Fury of the Northmen - Norse Scandinavia teleported away in 800 AD (ASB)

Discovery and colonization of Iceland and Greenland are going to be later and different.
  6. T

AH Challenge: Preempt the rise of car-dependent urbanism

I reckon this is not easy. Cars offer an element of self-reliance and individual choice that people will jump on, given the chance. So I reckon it's not a single thing but a lot of little nudges over time, with differing effectiveness in different places. But: -Guys like Ford aren't as...
  7. T

Alternate Quotes

"Working nine to five for you."
  8. T

The Multi-Faceted Nature of AH

Be right back, finishing up my alternate history biography of a South African mining engineer, Jackhammers, Pumps, and Shafts: The Hot, Hard Life of Magnus Sachs.
  9. T

Kindle rankings

SLP owning the charts like Taylor Swift. No doubt! Congrats.
  10. T

If We'd Only Got That Penalty

The penalty was right there, guys. Everybody saw it. I don't understand how you missed it.
  11. T

Kindle rankings

Stories are great and all but I'd judge that book by Roem's cover.
  12. T

EBOOK RELEASE: If We'd Just Got That Penalty

They're all stories by David, but Gary made up some pseudonyms to conceal the fact.
  13. T

Glad I double-checked the table of contents before I posted to Facebook, I was going to get a word wrong in my story's title...
  14. T

Thanks for taking this on, Gary.
  15. T

Non-Trek Worldbuilding 2: Galaxy Quest.

Good article. Colantani's character was great but I had not realized he had that much impact in how the group at large were portrayed.
  16. T

Non-Trek Worldbuilding 2: Galaxy Quest.

I get errors when the phone is going for "mobile site" but it loads fine when the phone goes for "desktop site".
  17. T

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

All the disadvantages of an at-grade LRT combined with tight seats, narrow aisle, poor air quality, and a single door for boarding. Don't let SNC-Lavalin find out about this.
  18. T

Poll: A more varied likes system

I only ever use likes even where I have other options, but it doesn't bother me at all if other folks have those additional choices.
  19. T

The Road to a New Alternate History. Part 4

Dystopia may be like obscenity in that we know it when we see it; but I reckon utopia is much more difficult to recognize. It's not a threat, we're not biologically trained to be alert for it. Rather than being spectacular, utopia can be subtle or banal. A bunch of kids from different...
  20. T

The Road to a New Alternate History. Part 4

Not In My Buckingham Palace.
Back