• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. S

Heechee's Serial Experiments

Vaserra A fantasy setting I've been brewing in my head since my pre-teen years, in a mythical past. Not extremely groundbreaking, in fact using many equivalences and cliches, but hey. Vaserra exists in a flat, disc-shaped earth which roughly divides the cosmos in two hemispheres; perpendicular...
  2. S

Doomed to Understanding: The Unión Dinástica A flag representing a hypothetical future dynastic union between Spain and Morocco. Princess Leonor of Spain marries Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, their son holding the title both of King of Spain and of King of Morocco somewhere in the 22nd...
  3. S

The Levante Conflict Cartagena and Murcia have a contentious history. The former city feels the latter has usurped Cartagena's rightful place in the southeastern peninsula and is subjected to an unfair treatment, and looks towards a Roman past and away from the medieval myths that conform the...
  4. S

Le Pouvoir A simple, sort of silly premise that I saw on Facebook: A French gang called Le Pouvoir. I prefer to keep it vage, as a sort of setting whose blanks can be filled with individual stories -consider it another take for the term Urban Fantasy.
  5. S

La Trubada A very straightforward one: What if the Canary phantom island of Saint Brendan really existed?
  6. S

Cobain Survives In this scenario, Kurt Cobain's pre-rehab intervention was successfully carried out, and he ended up in another, more behavioral-focused rehab center. Eventually the professionals around him made him fully understand that his heroin habit and his depression were reinforcing each...
  7. S

Tropical Heat Loosely inspired by Black Lagoon and real life places (Indonesia, Brazil, South East Asia, among others). I apologize for the J.K. Rowling Effect in naming conventions, which surely get more ridiculous the less I know about the inspiring cultures. This world is rather warmer and...
  8. S

Hullaballoo "There were many Hullabaloos, though it was only one thing. Its center was, of course, New York City - the self-declared Olympic and post-Default capital of the free world, shining on its way back from Hell. And yet, each city worth mentioning had its own. If you were young in...
  9. S

A Stick in Every Wheel In this world, a more vigorous Persia came out from the dissolution of the Alexandrian Empire. A Persia that underwent a Buddhist transformation from the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom and that was the main outer destabilizing factor in the latter days of the Roman Empire, along...
  10. S

La Ribera City The premise for this scenario doesn't lie in the city itself, but at the other side of its coast, the Mar Menor. In fact, it goes a bit beyond that: The Spanish economy was just a little bit more buoyant during the Desarrollismo for the Law of Centers and Zones of National...
  11. S

Global Crossroads A very crude prototype board for a game I designed, or at the very least I basically outlined. In it, each region has a "rating", indicating under a single category several stuff such as wealth and well-being -ratings can go up or down during the game and there are numerical...
  12. S

Automatic for the People Self-explanatory... or is it?
  13. S

A Study on Murcian Non-Existence This is a rather... weird thought exercise on my home region, and I'll try to sum it up as much as I can: from a certain perspective, it makes more sense that Murcia doesn't exist, even if it does. Of course, my region has not lived in isolation in history, but...
  14. S

Transposia Just an exercise in coming together through world compression and space management. Maybe a sandbox for some alien entity, surely a mess for everyone involved.
  15. S

Jibung-In Name: Jibung-In Population: 1.920.000 Languages: Korean -locally called Jibunggeo-, English Ancestry: Korean, and still considered the main part of the Korean diaspora. Region: United States, some presence in Canada and Australia. Religion: Majority non-believer, with significant...
  16. S

All Stars The 2024 US Election was AOC vs Donald Trump. Having suffered badly in the midterms and with an aging POTUS, the 2024 Democratic presidential primaries were the final straw for an aging and dissatisfying partisan consensus. As for Trump... at that point, he simply had no real...
  17. S

Some Lit Uplands This scenario is partly an excuse to introduce tongue-in-cheek childish humor, because why not. Its premise, though, is a seriously divergent cultural and political path for the British Isles -In a "not necessarily better nor worse, just different" sense-, starting from a...
  18. S

12 Murcias "Four things has Murcia, and may God spare me of three: The hospital and the jail, and the Holy Inquisition" -Traditional couplet "Kill the king and go to Murcia" -Proverb A1: Qartalebine Braid, 1894-Present. The Phoenician civilizations have had times of rise and fall, but in...
  19. S

Reason on a Pickup Truck A common 'yer dad' topic I hear is how Muslim civilization never had an Enlightenment, so I wanted to turn that topic upside down a bit by taking it to its natural consequences. Let's say the waves of history went in a predetermined direction and majority-Muslim...
  20. S

Ciudadanos del Reino Note: what follows is a political fiction exercise and doesn't represent any real political movement, at the time of posting and God willing. Most Sovereign Citizen movements around the world could be described as the view of the State as a contractual spell that disappears...
Back