• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. L

Nanwe's Maps and Graphics Thread

Lebanese politics are very interesting to me, though usually incomprehensible. Most of the elections would be nearly impossible to map, it's shifting allegiances all the way down. But for 1968 you could make a post-facto division on the basis of the 1970 presidential election - mark Sarkis...
  2. L

Lavidor's maps and projects

Has there ever not been an election on? Or is that only fairytale?
  3. L

Won't have time to finish this so I'm just dumping it here. Upcoming election rundown. Leading Parties: Likud: Yesh Atid: New Hope: Yemina: Joint List: Hadash, Taal, and Balad, having expelled Ra'am for its willingness to work with Netanyahu, refounded the Joint List (including the...
  4. L

Now on github.
  5. L

Sure,
  6. L

Likud 94; Blue-White 59; Joint List 29; UTJ 14; Shas 1; Yemina 2 Now that the colouring is mostly automated, any other requests?
  7. L

Hadn't thought of that - and then there'd be a counter narrative that the opposition is nowhere near if not counting Arab seats. :( Very healthy.
  8. L

Done a mockup, I like it. In the two-bloc interpretation, the result in 2020 was a 103-96 victory for Bibi over Gantz and we wouldn't be having another election right now. Tipping point was the Megiddo Valley seat (consisting of Likudnik Migdal haEmek and the centre-left communal settlements...
  9. L

Merry Christmas to all the Christians who have better things to do than look at this! The map is DONE. Next step is some light coding to colour it in automatically. Anyone here tried that? Here's the Negev: As always, Likudnik development towns (Shas manages second in Dimona, Netivot, and...
  10. L

Almost there... This is Petah Tikva, Bnei Brak, and Givat Shmuel. Petah Tikva is considered a big city though it's thoroughly incorporated in the Tel Aviv metropolis. This was one of the earliest Moshavot and a centre of agriculture, but since the 50's it's absorbed waves of poorer...
  11. L

Updated! That's the Sharon and moving into a bit of the next region. Only two batches left! Here we see the heartland of the centre-left, the suburbs north of Tel Aviv (although there are some poorer neighbourhoods that vote Likud and some national-religious presence, Bennet lives in Raanana...
  12. L

Tel Aviv, ya habibi, Tel Aviv Indeed, not a single seat where the Left is ahead of the Centre. Even Jaffa is too gentrified for a Joint List victory, even though Jewish southern Jaffa is seperate. As to the upcoming (but still avoidable) early election, as it turns out my work will not be...
  13. L

Done and rendered. Here we have more traditionally ideological blocs: Right 73 ; Centre-Left 24 : Arab 20 ; Haredi 12 So a "greater Likud" would have very good odds to win a majority by itself, possibly even surviving defections from significant groups like Lieberman voters.
  14. L

True, though there are smaller concentrations of Haredi voters that might be critical (Telzstone, Rechasim, Yavneel, and Hatzor haGlilit are all in marginal seats). But then there is the opportunity to run without an overall deal and instead reach agreements with the local communities for...
  15. L

And closing out the North. This seems like a nice spot for an interim summary. So far I've mapped 129 out of 199 constituencies. The 2020 results in this system so far, counting bloc parties together, yield 72 seats for Netanyahu and 57 seats for Gantz. Things seem well on track for an...
  16. L

Haifa area, check out my hawt quadripoints. Not totally pleased with the Krayot seats - the concept is that the bulk of each municipality forms a seat, and the outer ends form another, linked by Route 79. But in practice there are some weird salients and Kiryat Bialik is still slightly under...
  17. L

Now the Nazareth area: Nazareth is the largest Arab city in Israel, it voted 96% Joint List and even higher in some of the suburbs. Afula is a classic "development town" hence Likud-voting (probable representative: Ofir Katz) although I had to include some nearby villages to make up the...
  18. L

Yemina as well
  19. L

And a coda in the northeast. Cool reversal in the more rural seats.
  20. L

Updated, now in the Galilee. This area benefits from the party map to distinguish between Arab-populated seats (>90% Joint List) and mixed-population ones (lighter greens). Of note: Most of the Druze population is in this area - they're pretty concentrated but only a dominant majority in...
Back