• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. V

Getting Grilled by Special Agent Nixon

Getting Grilled by Special Agent Nixon
  2. V

A Notification keeps sticking

I had this once and it cleared when I signed out and back in. Try that?
  3. V

The Japanese cigarettes.

The Japanese cigarettes.
  4. V

Alternate Technologies: A Nuke By Any Other Name

'Explosive metal bomb' is definitely the worst of the bunch here, since it is so clunky and long that a shorter term would surely catch on TL-191 did use 'superbomb' and then 'sunbomb' though, didn't it?
  5. V

A Human Being, Goddamnit!

A Human Being, Goddamnit!
  6. V

*Now I'm a profile post that's been completely replaced in an edit. And now I've done it again...

*Now I'm a profile post that's been completely replaced in an edit. And now I've done it again! I'm a monster. Will I ever be stopped? No. No I will not.
  7. V

Book Review: Disaster At Stalingrad

It would be just about the worst time to stage an organized plot to overthrow the entire Hitler regime when they are celebrating a huge victory against their biggest ideological enemies, enemies who the guys who would be doing the coup also hated and feared. I could still believe in a...
  8. V

Book Nook: In the Presence of Mine Enemies

I must've read this around the time it came out, long ago enough now that the details have mostly faded, but I do remember the interminable bridge games. The part that really stuck with me, I think, is the bit about the family with the baby that has Tay-Sachs disease. It serves to set up a...
  9. V

FOIA COLD FEET

FOIA COLD FEET
  10. V

AHC: "The King in Yellow" - 1920 Althist

The 'Secretary of Fine Arts' certainly sounds absurd, but there is actually a US Commission of Fine Arts dating from 1910 that advises the federal government on design and aesthetics for everything from the architecture of government buildings and monuments to the design of coins and medals, so...
  11. V

The Repairer of Reputations, where the paragraph reproduced above comes from, is a short story, and you can read it here. It definitely does provide some useful context for evaluating what's said about the setting.
  12. V

I'm assuming, as I think you have to for looking at The Repairer of Reputations as AH, that there's a certain amount of latitude to be given to the narrator's claims without embracing them wholly. Suanee being a state or an American dependency intended as an ethic homeland like Indian...
  13. V

I have to guess this is a reference to the Suwannee River that runs through Georgia and Florida?
  14. V

http://web.archive.org/web/20051215105711/archive.dumpshock.com/CLUE/

http://web.archive.org/web/20051215105711/archive.dumpshock.com/CLUE/
  15. V

Merlin and vivian

Merlin and vivian
  16. V

TL191 WI: Featherston’s peace

I think that is fundamental to the ways in which Featherston and Hitler are different and occupy different power contexts. Hitler has all of his greatest enemies and threats stacked up within the Soviet Union: military, ideological, and racial. Of course Poland needs to go and the French need...
  17. V

A crate of stalag books

A crate of stalag books
  18. V

Broken cloning machine, no memories, homeless dead in three jurisdictions the same guy is how...

Broken cloning machine, no memories, homeless dead in three jurisdictions the same guy is how program noticed Supernumerary - he has 11 fingers
  19. V

Make NPS woman the DG contact with a code phrase related to BAD MERCURY

Make NPS woman the DG contact with a code phrase related to BAD MERCURY
  20. V

Printed inventory which is unclear, incomplete, seriously out of date, possible problem items...

Printed inventory which is unclear, incomplete, seriously out of date, possible problem items highlighted Old style font from database
Back